time to move up....

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by danracer, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

yea those are suppose to be solid amps wouldnt be a bad pick up if it doesnt do wat you as get another since it will be arround your budget u wanna spend and strap them together

2. danracer

danracer Full Member

ohh aight cool im thinking about getting either that or a hifonics colossus which is rated 3200@2 ohms and you can burp it @.5

3. jmenace_thakidd

i wouldnt i heard those big hifonics amps are power hogs and require a big electrical

4. danracer

danracer Full Member

ohh ok...i also saw a soundstream pca-3500 on ebay....its 3500@1ohm strappable

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah...that colossus is a huge power hog

two crossfire xp1400ds pull a lot less current than that surfboard

6. jmenace_thakidd

i would go with the MTX

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Edited

Ignore this lol

8. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i think that instead of going w/ 1 fully loaded btl i might go w/ 2 fully loaded ssd's in a good box these should do good right??

9. danracer

danracer Full Member

2 18 ssd or 2 18 BLs...i think imma get the sundown 1500 for each woofer...qhich should i get...bl or ssd??

10. jmenace_thakidd

now that would be a decision thats hard to make because u can run 2 SSDs off one 1500 with a good electrical they put out arround 1700 i read but the BLs would thump a little harder i think as far as wen i put them in bassbox the BLs had more output if i can fit 4 18s in the SUV i get when i get back i was thinkin of 4 BL 18s but any that you decide will be great and alot of this will be install dependent of course

11. danracer

danracer Full Member

well its about a 60 bucks difference so i think ill go w/ the bl's so ill be on the safe side ill be buying 1 sub and 1 amp first and then after i save a lil bit ill buy the other amp and the other sub...planning to strap them @2 ohms and burp them @.5 strapped w/ a good electrical...

12. jmenace_thakidd

yea im gonna be running mine at 1 ohm strapped so they will see .5 daily im gonna get the highest amp alt i can get and then put 1 kinetic under the hood and three in the back all kinetic 2400s

13. jmenace_thakidd

the BL are definately gonna give u some great thump when do u pla on ordering your BL and amp

14. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i think ill be ordering next week since that what i want for my birthday present lol and the amp ill buy it like in the begining of december perhaps late november.

15. jmenace_thakidd

kool defiantely post pics of the build i wanna see what kinda numbers you can hit runnin the BL because im undecided about 2 fully loaded BTLs or 4 BLs for only 400 more

16. danracer

danracer Full Member

okk i will..

17. jmenace_thakidd

man all these options makes it real hard to choose but i think ima settle for 2 18 BTLs and go for as close to a 150 daily i can i might go through a couple boxes but im aiming high

18. danracer

danracer Full Member

lol yeah these subs have too many options im aiming for that high too if i touch 150.0 on the tl im happy lol but yeah its basicly about trial and error w/ the boxes

19. jmenace_thakidd

im not talkin aobut 150 on a burp either i want 150 daily lol so i think i might go with the 4 BLs more cone area

20. danracer

danracer Full Member

daamn 4 18 bls are gonna move a looot of air lol in the correct box youll be in the mid 150s if you car has a good cabin gain or even morewut u gonna use for power?