time to move up....

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by danracer, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

what im gonna be runnign is 2 BTL 18s with a pair of sundown audio SAZ 3000Ds strapped and they can run .5 daily but they dont cover it in their warrenty anymore they did a test on a 12v system voltage dropped to 10.7 and the amp put out 3200 watts

2. danracer

danracer Full Member

lol im thinking of buying an alt of atleast 200 amps...depends on the cost..and put 3 optimas 1 upfront ant 2 on the back...also what can u say about bat caps are they worth it..do they work??

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

the bigger batcap like the batcap 2000 is a good battery but i'd rather get a bank of powermasters, odysseys, or kinetiks.

Also Jmenace...y not just run them at 1 ohm each...they'll still put out plenty of power to the btls and run much cooler and more efficiently.

4. jmenace_thakidd

i might do that but i know the can easily take .5 daily buti might strap them to 1 ohm

5. danracer

danracer Full Member

ohh ok...and are optimas good?? cuz i can get em for about 90 bucks new, and how many batteries should i use?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

optima yellow tops are good

what amp are you getting??? if it is a 2500-3000 watt rms amp I'd get two per amp

7. jmenace_thakidd

yea they are good wait u can get optima yellow tops for 90bucks when can i get you to ship me 6 i need them now lol

8. danracer

danracer Full Member

well im still trying to decide which amp im gonna get...i have so many amps in my mind that i dont know which one to get lol

lol i think shipping for 6 batts will be bout 3 the cost of the batteries lol

9. jmenace_thakidd

lol i know i was jokin but i wish i could get them for that cheap lol but the sundown amp is a good choice but i would go with a 18 and the 1500d

10. danracer

danracer Full Member

im going w/ a fully loaded BTL, isnt that too little power??

11. jmenace_thakidd

oh a btl go to KLUV KUSTOMS and email them about the 3000d they go for 1100 but u can get them for less

12. jmenace_thakidd

thats wat im gonna be pushin my btls with and they can definately push them

13. danracer

danracer Full Member

damn they r still outta my budget...i saw a mtx 92001 in sonix at 400 bucks is it worth it? and will it go down to .5 for burps?

14. jmenace_thakidd

im not sure if they are good or not but how much do you have for budget for an amp maybe i can help or you can go to powerbass or soundstream picasso amps i heard they are decent amps for a good price the picasso 3500 is what i was gonna go with but i decided to go with sundown because of the customer service

15. danracer

danracer Full Member

i was looking for 700 max...is there any possibility that i can get the sundown for cheaper than 850??cuz damn fell in love w/ that amp but the problem is the pricing

16. jmenace_thakidd

im not even sure if you can or not but if you can check out the powerbass XA3000 it goes for a little over 600 and im sure u can push the BTL with that

17. danracer

danracer Full Member

the powerbass is 3000 @1 ohm right?

18. jmenace_thakidd

yea 3000 at 1 ohm and should be good i went realm of excursion and seen it on there for like 630 but **** like 220 more will get u that sundown amp i think at kluvs they are going for 850 beter check it out

19. jmenace_thakidd

im not sure if it will actually do rated power bt i heard they are decent so it should do close to that