The Beast is Dead

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by aznboi3644, May 14, 2008.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well guys the 19Ov.2 is dead...I noticed it not being as loud...still loud but not as loud...lol.

Took the sub out and the spider was torn about a total of half way around.

My friend and I plugged her into the wall socket...stroked it. It was fun. Didn't take a vid though.

I'm going to order a fresh recone in a couple weeks...should be good as new once the recone is in.

NOTE TO SELF: Don't play 10Hz test tones in a 2.5 cu ft larger than recommended box while tuned at 40hz...lol.

I'll take some pics of the disection tomorrow

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ya ed sucks haha, i was just thinking about mine, i have it on the shelf collecting dust.

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Just messing with ya, i know you love ed, they make a recone kit for it?

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

you can buy recones...they are half price of the retailed driver

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ouch! that sucks azn.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Eh...not really...I was planning on blowing the sub sooner or later...then reconing it so its fresh again.

Only thing that sucks is that it costs about 100 bucks for a recone but I can make that working one day. I planned on blowing it at the last MECA event here in town.

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

doesnt it have a warranty on it. or does it not cover excessive tearing of the internals?

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol warranty is for defects...I don't think the spider getting destroyed is a defect.

It was all my fault though...I'm not worried about the warranty

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I'd go for warranty, that spider is not supposed to rip, I can see if you were pushing the crap out of it and burned the coils, but this is different.

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Over Excursion is not a warranty defect.

A 10 Hz tone?????? You was bored and had nothing better to do right?

Just out of curiosity, did you watch the woofer, that had to be a sight to see.

Atleast you had fun

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

The sub moved quite a big lol...The whole box started to move a little bit and slide towards the back of the truck. You could hear the air whooshing in and out of the port...not really port noise of just pressure waves kind of.

18 inch sub moving at 22mm on way...probably moving even more than that. It was moving some air though.