Subs?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by jonnyv713, May 20, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I figure 1 sheet of 3/4 will do eh? and some fiberglass stuff. what all do i need to do fiberglass? just resin and the fiberglass fiber stuff. whatever u call it?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

sandpaper,bodyfiller(if you plan on smoothing it), lots of masking tape.

3. jonnyv713

what do i need masking tape for? to make the base for the fiberglass on edges and stuff??

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you need paintors tape (the blue stuff). you need that to tape the hell out of the area you want to fiberglass.

You'll need:

premix resin
    hardener
    fibermat
    WD-40
    paintor's tape (blue)
    a mask
    gloves
    body filler
    lots of sandpaper

What are you going to fiberglass? your box?

5. jonnyv713

i am using FG to seal off my trunk completely.

6. jonnyv713

I am totally doing that fakeout face plate thing to my Cutlass too! That is sweet!

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sorry for being a retard but what a fakeout face plate?

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I got ya now. I don't have to worry about sh!t like that. My tint is so dark that you can't even see in my car. lol

Try looking into this! lol

Attached Files:

9. jonnyv713

ya i just remembered. i wanna do tint on my Cutlass so ya, i really dont need to. we have no tint laws here in SD so i think i wanna do like 0%

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Here in the philippines we don't go by percentages for tint. it's either light, medium, dark or super black. My tint is super black so i guess that's the same as 0%.

11. jonnyv713

whow much does it cost in the phillipines to get tint? For my car, it will be like 250. Oh, and for a totally off topic story, the other day i was walkin to the kitchen after laying on the couch for a while cause i just got done working. i got up and i started to feel dizzy like usual when people get up too fast so i thought hey ill just go grab the counter top across the kitchen. i make it to the middle of the kitchen before everything goes black and i pass out and smack my head hard on the dam ground. i got up and mother wants to take me to the hospital and i say no spend the 500 bucks on my car instead so i finally talk her out of goin there. but she tricks me into the car and she takes me to the doctor and the do catscans bloodwork and all that mumbo jumbo. the outcome was that i had low bloodpressure, low blood sugar, dehydrated, and lastly i was suffering withdraws from caffine. lol she compared me to a crack addict! but instead of crack, i am addicted to Mt. Dew. i laughed and went to a football camp for the next 2 days lol.

12. pedro quiroga

ive had the dizzy thing before.

also sounds like a poor diet.

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

LOL. funny!! i like that part where you told your mom to spend the 500 bucks on your car instead.lol

Does sound like a bad diet. You should lay off the soda and eat better. I stopped drinking a lot of soda like 10 years ago... I usually stick drink water most of the time

To tint a car here in the philippines it cost like 50 bucks for a car like yours. For a big SUV prolly like 80 to 90 bucks. It really depends upon the tint your using though.

14. jonnyv713

o ya and i do just drink like 3 or 4 pops a day but i think the reason y is that i didnt eat for like 2 days. and dang CC that is really cheap!

15. pedro quiroga

i dont cost much here either 60-120 or so. 250 is insane.

16. jonnyv713

o, i just went off what my buddie told me. maybe i should look around eh?

17. bjensen7teen

bjensen7teen New Member

it all depends on your money but alpine type R's are hella nice. im thinking the best bang for your buck is going to be mtx though

18. jonnyv713

i think u got the wrong thread buddy...