speaker enclosures.

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by luv2listn, Nov 24, 2011.

1. luv2listn

luv2listn Full Member

I will be mounting speakers in a unit that will sit on the back ledge of a car. Should I "containerize" the speakers ? I saw someplace that sold esentially the same made out of rubber..I think.

Thoughts ?
    Ian.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

can you explain in a little more detail please? when you say on the ledge, do you mean on top or in the cutouts?

3. luv2listn

luv2listn Full Member

Thank-you for responding.

Immediately behind the rear passenger seat this is, what I used to call, the hat shelf. The car is a '75 Plymouth Duster.

I am planning to build a canted forward speaker box to lay on top of this shelf. What I saw earlier this summer were rubber or plastic inserts that you put into the cut hole before you put the speaker in. It is for better sound I think.

Is there a place on this forum to discuss speaker set ups in a car. I am not sure if I am nutz.

Thanks
    Ian.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The Plymouth Duster is the ultimate ride, I cannot think of anything better, cooler or nicer. It better have a V-8 in it and not the Slant 6.

An enclosure will always help improve the sound. But I don't think its necessary. If you dynomat the rear deck, and place a baffle under the speaker, sound will improve. An example can be found here Last post.

But if you really want to build an enclosure, check This out.

Either way, it will sound really awesome and no, your NOT Nutz

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011