show your setup

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by daimond16, Feb 13, 2007.

1. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

LOL ANZ totally, I got killed by a beat up ass civic, steel wheels, primer paint diffuser plate in rear, little did I know he had a 350 WHP T-60 14 PSI monster 2.4L Honda Element motor totally built. I had to pull over and talk to him, nicest guy in the world. IT was not even close. But that was his thing, total junker looking he had just raced a porsche (911 sc) and the guy basically cried he said!!

After looking at the car when we pulled over, he had no interrior, no rear seats, no AC, no cat, no creature comforts. That thing weighed like nothing! But top of line motor and running gear

2. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

Pedro those 280 were also quick, my budy has a 260 with an LT1 vette motor in it, talk about sick!

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yeah azn the thing you are talking about is called a dual stage boost controller. It is used a lot with the FWD DSMs because its so hard to get traction with FWD. Use the low stage on the launch and hit to the high stage once you get out of first gear. Pretty neat simple little gadget. I just ran about 20-22 psi daily .. just don't let the boost get high when driving in the city as to not suck up all the gas. On the track if I put race gas in there I could usally push around 25psi but that was pretty much the limits of where my turbo was efficient .. needed to upgrade it but in order to do that i would have upgraded the fuel system even more so i was like.. forget it. It was fast enough lol.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yeah...The thing I liked what that my uncle installed the AEM Standalone under the passenger floormat somehow and showed me...it was pretty cool. The turbos on his Civic was fuking massive...like the size of my head

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

you know you are getting high up there when you have to run a standalone. Really got to know your stuff to work with those.

6. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

I ran a standalonr Haltech on the focus. Keep in mind all the time thinking about the T60 hybrid turbo set-up. I was going to have a dual stage nitrous kit to get the big t-60 rollin off the line and then a lower setting once launched. Opposite what Dave was talking about, I was using nitrous to get the turbo spinniing and then backing off once launched, then the haltech would take over and the boost controller to actually increase boost once lauched. Very tricky to tune for tow power adders.

7. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

Hey Boosted! Nice Whip!!!!

8. DREAMZmustang

the only car ive been beaten by on the street was a twin turbo C6 vette and he had me pretty good with my street tuned mustang, yeah it was a turbo as well, and modded, the only cars i laugh at are POS ricerz with giant shopping cart handles on the back of there car, unpainted body lits and stock wheels and primered hoods!!! and they pull up to me and start revving and i laugh and the rev more then the light turns green and i got the jump cause i imagined i was at the track and both wheels pulled from the ground for a sec and i dint even launch it hard and he just pulled a u trn and went the other way...HELL YEAH IT FEELS GOOD!!! lol
    ive beaten a turbo civic with my powerstroke F250 before that was fun

9. DREAMZmustang

i run stand alone from AEM on a majority of my cars except the daily driver and F250

10. DREAMZmustang

thats how i tune alot of cars on the dyno is by hacking the car ECU wit a labtop tuner

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

that thing was nice(on the outside).got way too hot in it.no heat sheilding or damping just a bare metal floor +no carpet either.
    he wanted to sell it to me,but knowing what he used to do to it i declined.oh he also payed 1800 in suspention upgrades.+rims and tires.he was only asking 1000.
    that was 2 years after all his abuse.

one time he brought it back tohis mech and was told something was wrong with his cam bolt or somthing like that.....anyways he told him DONT RACE IT!!you will brake it.all he heard was drive it as hard as you can.

so literally 2 hrs later he calls me to tow him to the mech.
    he had to race this kid cause he looked at him funny.
    600 dollars later and a week in the shop he had it back only to destroy his clutch.had to race some guy on the interstate.totally melted it.

that was maybe 3 days later.his mech loved him because he was a tard with that car,and had money

12. DREAMZmustang

[​IMG]

LIKE THIS IS A TRUE RICER!!! CAN SOMEONE SAY FAST AND FURIOUS!!

13. pedro quiroga

my screen dosent show a link.just a little box with a x in it

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol wow...true ricer. I can understand show cars that are for looks and not performance but ricers are in a league of their own.

Well thing about my uncle is that he has a friend with a dyno and can just call him up and use his friends dyno anytime he wants to tune his friends cars or his own civics.

Here is a link to him - pretty sure that is a pretty old profile cuz he runs 9 second quarter miles now

http://www.urbanracer.com/garage/sfwd/profile.asp?did=8

15. pedro quiroga

ok this time the pic showed up.must have been my wireless acting up.

RICER!!fo shizzle

16. DREAMZmustang

i dont need to borrow a dyno...i have my own, lol

17. DREAMZmustang

yeah def. ive built show cars that had no go but the looks were off the hook crazy

18. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

i dont plan on doing looks for my car when i first start modding it. the only thing I've done so far really is the chrome tail lights ONLY because I got them for 50 bucks. After I do engine mods I plan on doing body work or I'll just do both at the same time. DREAMZmustang: can i bet your best buddy so i can use your dyno? haha jk lol