show your setup

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by daimond16, Feb 13, 2007.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Ya, that was funny......

Lighten up fellows, we a re here to have fun and kill islamic terrorists, nothing more. Dreamz......that WAS pretty harsh!!!!! he was kidding!!!!!! But since you were obviously drunk like I am most of the time, i will forgive you! But just this once!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, for the record, i would rather push a Dodge , than drive a rice grinder, with a rubber band assisted hamster under the hood and a fart knocker muffler bigger than the sub box!!!!!!! (he he he!!! )

2. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

Hey John im sorry, i was havin a rough day, oh by the way when i was 16 i purchased a 1990 Mustang for only $100, and rebuilt it and i still have it to this day, and yeah cars are what i live for

3. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

Im sorry if i insulted anyone, Sorry Viking....sob

4. johnpd

johnpd Full Member

yeah i didnt mean to upset anyone. i guess i didnt show enough sarcasm. but i can tell how passionate you are about your cars and thats sick. believe me, i have so much respect for you and practically everyone else on this site becuase you guys know way more then i do about any of this kind of stuff.

glade we can resolve our...things.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

Here is my Ford Ricer beater!!!! SC, N2O Focus!

256 WHP, 16 PSI fully built internals,LSD WAAY TOO musch to list[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well just sold it! Anyway spent $8K on JE pistons, eagle H-beams,Ferrea valvs,SC cams,cam gears,race stage-3 port and polish, WRC black, CGI crank,All arp, spec III clutch,Findanza flywheel,Torsen LSD,Dual stage nitrous w/digital controller, snow performace water injection w/MAF contorller, Turbo Toms MIC fuel management,Cobra MAF and injectors, Eaton port and polish teflon coated rotors,Full SVT conversion,Eibach full suspension with FK bars, on and on and on!!! Traded for a YFZ450 race quad and cash!! Anyway I used to eat V-Tecs for breakfast!!!

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

looks sweet,but why'd you get rid of it?

7. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

WIFE! I was going to rip everything apart again and slap a T60 turbo on it with a 2-stage nitrous shot. I would have made approx 350WHP. My wife said if I touch it again she is gone!!!! Mind you I just spent like $12K in the motor tranny,drive line etc!!!

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Sorry boostd but that is one of the ugliest focuses I have ever seen....I would have done the sleeper look...and done the turbo from the start. Or throw a 350 in there

9. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

coming from an AZN BOI .. that must hurt ... lol...

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

guess what this car does in the 1/4 just by looking at it.

[​IMG]

7.728 @ 188.41

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Already new that...Dave, I've seen my fair share of NOPI Tunervision late at night..yeah I've seen his DSM go up against 1000hp+ supras and give em a run for their money.

As for Boostd's focus in the quarter mile...maybe a 12-13 second on a good day...sorry boostd if I offended you...I just don't like gaudy body kits

12. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

lol im with azn about the body kits and fiberglass work.. uhhhh .. just not my style.

Yeah Shep is like my idol when it comes to dsm tuning. I just would never guess by looking at that car it would put down that kind of time. Funny thing is.. his licence plate in the back reads " 7 SEC AWD "

13. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

give me the amount of cash spent on that focus and i can go buy a 1st gen dsm and make it a 10 second car with money to spare.

as far as beating VTECs.. well.. thats just funny.. I mean.. who cant? I cant eat VTECs all day with my stock lincoln haha. Now if you said I eat LS1's all day long.. that would have been a much better comparison hehe.

Sure there are a few really nice modded VTECs but those are very rare.

refer to this post to how i feel about VTEC

http://www.caraudiotalk.com/audio-forum/showthread.php?t=4590

On a side note though, if you really liked your car.. thats all that matters. Even though me or azn don't it doesnt mean its a bad car lol. I am pretty impressed with the amount of work done to it.. just wish all that work was put into a different platform.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

My opinion shouldn't matter...as long as you liked it.

Same with with sound systems...some may sound like sh!t to you but sound like the best there is to someone else

15. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Yeah i thought the Dual system in my girls saturn was.. um.. well it did play sound. But she thought it was like top notch quality.. and thats all that matters lol.. plus it only cost me 16 dollars per set of speakers but she doesnt know that lol.

16. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

Here you guys, you are correct in order to make a focus go it requires alot more money, and that is a stock SVt kit on a ZX3 focus. Remember I am staring with 103 WHP. There is something to be said of a 300 HP focus, when the guy next to you in his Civvic/mustang etc. is like what ever reeving at you at the light (laughing) and at the next light he does not even look over after he was owned.

I have had my share of beatings, but also had some good races that beat cars I never thought I could have. No one wants to say a Ford Focus beat them! That is part of owning a unique car. DSM dime a dozen, Civvic the same. Remember this was not a raw horsepower 1/4 mile car. Catalytic converter in tact, A/C intack etc.

And Dave I have seen many a civvic beat up on modular fords pretty good! Also all in the driver.

Rmemeber a hatch civvic is the lightest that they are putting 500+ WHP in! Again my numbers were modest and dyno tuned for streetability. I have beat up on quite a few mustangs, WRX's,civvics etc. a 300 crank HP mustang and a 256 wheel HP car are two totally different things.

Ford mustang 3500 lbs /300 crank HP
    Licoln mark 3800 lbs / 280 crank HP
    Ford Focus 2500 lbs / 256 WHP, 280-290 crank HP

you do the math!! remember my car is not in the v8 class!

17. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

I find it hard to say that DSMs are a dime a dozen. I mean how many eagle TSI AWD and Eclipse GSX models are really out there.. not many. Most of the Eclipse and Talons you see are the crap 420a powered with no guts. The few people that do have the real DSMs are mostly tuners so they have a big following. Civics well.. everyone has a civic.. but again.. a properly modded Civic? I have yet to see one in my town and I live in the 2nd largest city in the state. Same goes with a heavy modded DSM.

Everyone around here puts a K&N FILTER on their car with an ebay muffler and thinks they are hot ****. Totally frustrating. At least you actually have a little power. I mean 256 whp is descent for any car. If it were me though I would have left the outside totally stock so it would really add insult to injury when they lost. I just think sleeper cars are the best.

Even if you did put 500 horses in a civic hatch.. man its got to be the hardest car to get traction with.. you got no weight on the front plus front wheel drive.. would be such a pain to get those tires to grab when you are on it.

And I cant really compare my car to yours i mean.. i spent 1400 dollars on mine.. and it still is a fun ride lol.

18. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

See in NJ we have tons of tunners here, the guy that built my car is crazy horse racing (South Amboy NJ) all he does in modular mustangs. We also have greddy in my town and I pass three AWD mitsu/eagles everyday with 2-evos', subuarus etc.

We also have a ton of heavly modded civvics in my town, at least 4-making 300+ WHP. WE have Turbo Trixx, Crazy Horse Racing, East Coast Superchargers, Greddy, on and on in a 10-mils radius. We also have english town raceway and others in a 10-mile radius.

Here in NJ going fast is huge! And the modded cars are a dime a dozen, I mean real moded cars not the guy that has a civvic or domestic for that matter with the fart can muffler and intake sayin I making 300 horses!

My car was actually one of the slower ones in my travels like you said 12-second is a dream on a perfect day, with slicks! I ran mostly 13's!

I also have an old school 2.3L turbo Conquest that was my dads new in 89, 2-turbos later, 0ne block, 2-trannies, 2-rear diffs etc, it sits in his garage waiting for me to re-build.

do not get me wrong we also have some badass Mustangs, camaros and TA's. I am just a die hard 4 cyl high revving turbo fan!

19. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i liked those old school conquest's...................i used to run with a buddy of mine back in the day.before "fast and furious"came out.95or so.

he had the sweetest 76 280Z.all it had was a cam, FULL exaust,and some miner tweaks to the ignition.fully built 5speed and had his rear gears done.

of course it was my job to hook up his system.one amp.
    orion 620gt.2 10's and some speaker pods screwed to the doors and box.if you know that car you know it was not set up for sound.was a frackin nightmare to figure out what we could fit with what he could afford.
    man that thing was fast.

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Dave, I've been in a 400+ wheel HP turbo civic hatch...It was one of my uncles friends cars that he built for em. He tuned it for a low boost of 15psi for daily street driving and for beating on most cars, and you could flip a switch for 30 pounds of boost (on pump gas) for when you need some extra power to win...with was with A/C, heat, stock interior.

Well my uncle took me for a drive...it was the most insane car I've ever ridden in...That is my respect for real tuner civics. There are also very many many ricers here with loud ugly sounding exhausts and primer painted body kits that never get painted...Chevy caveliers with VTEC emblems on the sides...and corollas(mexicans) with body kits, flames, fart can, and a park bench for a spoiler.

It is a sorry sight....I even raced a Ford Probe in my 98 Explorer with 136,000 miles on the highway and killed him lol.