Sealed or Ported? Fi Q

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by eazy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. eazy

eazy Full Member

My Sundown Audio SAE-1000D and Sundown Audio SAX-100.4 amps have officially been ordered.

2. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

lol i got one of my 3000Ds and 1 of my 100.4s about a week ago look great from the pics my wife sent me gonna order 1 more of each gonna be powering 4 sets of RF T162s 6.5 comps and 4 18" BLs gonna get a expedition when i get back that should get me in the 150s on music hopefully i wanna do some streetbeat

3. eazy

eazy Full Member

Damn, that's a ****load of money. How much did the 3000D and 100.4 run you?

What options are you doing on the BL's?

4. danracer

danracer Full Member

Fi and sundown seems to be like a ring on a finger lol...im gonna order 2 1500d and 1 btl 18 soon FTW...ohh and good luck with your build

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

Why not just 1 3000D? and how much are you paying for a 1500D?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  6. danracer

danracer Full Member

well im not going with the 3000d cause i cant afford it right now so im going w/ one 1500d and later buy the second one after i upgrade all my electrical...at the moment idk what would the price on the 1500d be...

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

two 1500D's pull more current than a single 3000D if I can remember right

8. eazy

eazy Full Member

If you talk to the right people it can be had for ~450 shipped.

9. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]

I'm going to start on the box tomorrow.

10. jmenace_thakidd

i got 1 3000D and 1 100.4 for 1104 shipped got it in like 3 days im gonna get all the options on the BLs

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

A simple idea I had for 45s for the corners was to take some 1/8th or 1/4 inch plywood and cut it to size...then just sand down the edges so it sits flush with the walls...glue and clamp it down...then fill the cavity up with some expanding foam like great stuff.

I think thats what I'ma do cuz my circular saw sucks at cutting angles

12. eazy

eazy Full Member

I've decided to brace it all with 1.5"x3.5" pieces of wood. I cut half my pieces today. Here's the bottom piece of the box to give you an idea how it fits in the trunk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jmenace_thakidd

definately cant wait to see how it turns out

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

should be good

15. eazy

eazy Full Member

It's going to be tough getting this done with school and work Friday and Saturday this weekend. I'll probably just attach the new amps to my old amp rack until I build a new one (I won't run the wires through the grommets.). I don't know what I'm going to do for an amp rack this time. The whole grommet thing with running the wires through looked cool but it was a huge pain in the ass... and no one could see the amp rack anyway. Not only that, but I couldn't really get to my crossovers and distribution blocks, so I'm going to have to come up with something else.

16. jmenace_thakidd

well pics of wat u come up with will be great im sure you will work it out

17. eazy

eazy Full Member

18. eazy

eazy Full Member

I started a build thread in General.

19. jmenace_thakidd

looks good thats the 15" Q right

20. eazy