quick give me your honest opinion ASAP please

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by des343, Feb 21, 2011.

1. des343

des343 Full Member

i have a JBL GTO 14001 amp i put it on craigslist to see whats out there because i keep blowing subs..

now i have like no subs left i had a couple nice amps and nothing to use them on..so im in the hunt for them

this guy was trying to offer me his L7 for my GTO and then i got him to throw in a 600 watt soundstream amp..cant remember the model

i wasnt able to let it go im losing my best amp then the other one is a 1800 watt max kenwood moo

he told me he had a W7 and i was able to talk him into giving me the JL W7 12 inch (i have seen pics looks good shape)

Bottom line

Give:

GTO 14001
    one 12 inch cvr and box (blew the other one and both are in the box i built)
    and $200 cash

Get:
    JL Audio 12 inch W7

what would YOU do or do you suggest

2. steve

steve Full Member

not a good trade-off, no deal

3. des343

des343 Full Member

thank you and for your simple to the point answer

the only reason i consider it is because the w7 is i heard one 12 doing what i havent even heard a 15 do yet with my own ears but i just feel im giving up a lot. and its so hard to come by good amps and i feel i have one

4. Vinnyrsxs

Vinnyrsxs Full Member

The banker is trying to rip you off, NO DEAL. - deal or no deal.

5. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

your amp is a great amp! jbl amps r true power, no sense in getting rid of something that can power most woofers just got to get the right sub

6. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

Keep the amp! Or your next cheapest power option is audio pipe. Put out rated power at good price. 10 cents a watt is what I payed for the ap3k ($300)

7. des343

des343 Full Member

thanks yeah im thinking/hoping i am getting a w7 13 to pair with the jbl

8. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

not necasarily true, power acoustik makes some higher end amps, stay away from the bottom end amps anything that is a 2 or 4 channel sucks however there mono block amps like the bamf 5500 series is a quality amp! there is a lott but id rather own a jbl any day of the week! keep it keep it keep it