orion vs. kicker

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by bhawk93, Sep 14, 2009.

1. bhawk93

bhawk93 Full Member

do u think 2 orion hcca 10'' subs will be louder than three 12'' kicker L7's. and lets say that they have the same amount of watts running to them. plz answer

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

more cone area = more sound...and they are 12s. not only are they 12s, they are the square, which gives you more cone area than a traditional round sub. this is really no comparision imo

3. bhawk93

bhawk93 Full Member

but the orions rms wattage is like 600 more than the kickers

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

power handling is not a measure of how loud a speaker is. Just a number stating how much heat the voice coil can dissipate without failure.

I was as loud as my friend how had 2000 watts rms...I had 400 watts rms.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

same here..i was over 3 db's louder than 2 10's on a "2000" watt amp than my one 15 on 500 watts. sure it was only 25 sq inches more cone but he had me on power. so.....

6. pedro quiroga

thats 432 sq inches compared to 157 sq inches.

7. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

yeah man no comparison, those L7's in a good box would slam!!!

8. bhawk93

bhawk93 Full Member

but also those orions are like 30 pounds heavier and like 8 inches deeper. ive heard from alot of people that they are better

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i'm sure they are better subs but not louder. the orions are very good subs but the cone area of the L7's is just a lot more than the orions.

10. bhawk93

bhawk93 Full Member

what if instead of 2 orion 10's it was 2 orion 12's

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

did you already buy the orions? If not, then there are a lot of subs out there that can do just as good without having a million watts having to go to them.

12. bhawk93

bhawk93 Full Member

no i havent. what other kind of subs can i get that will slam like that. because i know someone who had one of the 10's and it shattered his back window. and i want something like that

13. pedro quiroga

if you want the orions then get them. the 12's will be loud too.

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

get some 15's!!! how much space do you have for subs?