New Truck

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by jonnyv713, Aug 28, 2007.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

just cut the pieces and laid them together to get an idea
    stuff 052.jpg

stuff 053.jpg

stuff 054.jpg

stuff 055.jpg

stuff 056.jpg

2. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

did you use bassbox or win-isd?

3. jonnyv713

should i just glue it all together with like elmer's wood glue

4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

u need to glue it and screw it together. u need to drill holes roughly and inch deep that is a slightly smaller diameter than the screw you're using. this prevents the wood from splitting. Use 1 3/4" wood screws. obviously put a line of glue along the edge of the wood before you screw it together. Also space the holes 4" apart.

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

oh and your ports aren't gonna hit the motors of the subs are they?

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I used WinISD

Also using this

Even using this

Lv = (23562.5*Dv^2*Np/(Fb^2*Vb))-(k*Dv)

where,

Dv = port diameter (cm)
    Fb = tuning frequency (Hz)
    Vb = net volume (litres)
    Lv = length of each port (cm)
    Np = number of ports
    k = end correction (normally 0.732)

Lv - (23562.5*10.16^2*2/(34^2*4))-(.732*2)

I get a port length of about 35 cm or 14 inches long...this formula is true.

I'm not sure why BBP6 is throwing out some crazy numbers

7. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

i have loaded bb6 with 6 different 12" drivers...the out come is the same. net of 4.0 cf box with those ports is in the 50's hz...can someone else with bb6 run these numbers too. i just want to make sure that this box will be right. i do not care if i am correct or not...that's not the point.

8. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

i used kicker, rf, pioneer, infinity, mtx, orion,and audiopipe....all the same

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

i'm not sure....with a net volume of 4 cu ft with ports about 12 inches long the tuning is around 33Hz.

Check all of the settings for your Bass Box Pro program...maybe you are measuring cm instead of inches or something of that sort??

10. danracer

danracer Full Member

i got 11 inches of port in bassbox

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, that's what i thought too, should have put the ports more to the bottom

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

or just flip that board upside down lol

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah since you haven't glued or screwed anything yet just flip the baffle board

14. jonnyv713

ok i put it all together tonight and it looks pretty good a few rough spots here and there but they can be fixed. should i make the ports 11 or 12 in. i will put those in tomorrow

15. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

i found the problem with my numbers...it was bb6!!!! i re-installed it and the numbers match. nice. I am glad this happened for a couple of reasons. First...it is good to know that the people here are very helpful and are willing to help and correct you if you are wrong in a positive way...second ....i have not rebuilt my box yet ...if i would have then i would have a box tuned to 23hz....hahaha
    Thanks

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

hey...no problem.

sorry if i seemed a little...um...i dunno how to say it...edgy with my responses.

i just wanted to see what was up with your bassboxpro program.

I glad you have it all worked out and functioning properly now.

Yeah that would have been a bummer if you had built your box tuned to 23Hz lol

17. jonnyv713

ok i built the box and went to hook it all up today but i hooked the amp up to the battery all correct and it just went to protect and didnt do anything else. does anyone know what has happened.

18. danracer

danracer Full Member

could be a bad ground, or some wire making contact w/ another one

19. jonnyv713

i was two feet away from my battery and all were connected to the battery directlyso i dont think that was the problem