new subs

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by pedro quiroga, Sep 19, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ok where can i get CA glue?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

short for cynoacrylate...its just super glue.

I used it to glue my 12W6 dustcap back on.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

looks good pedro. the sub near the vent was the one that the dust cap popped off?

4. pedro quiroga

really? just super glue.lol that was my first choice. i just didnt have any.^_^.

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i've repaired many a sub with super glue:) kind of makes upset that a dust cap would just pop off of an elemental designs sub, is it the one that was making a funny noise? i think the air may have been leaking out from behind it.

6. pedro quiroga

actually no it wasnt that one.

ok. so on to my evaluation of the box and subs. with my rock and pop music it blends nice with my midbass adding just a hint of its own midbass too.

now my bass music sounds sick! the low notes are just insane. anything from 35 on down just moves thru you. its nuts. like i said it has good output down to 25 hz and even down to 20.

so i was playing some bass mekanik. night bass. just after the breathing part the low bass comes in; 30hz to be exact and wow. just wow. this box is a low end monster.

i played it for some friends at work and they just could not believe they were listening to 8's. one of my buds thought a 12 before he seen them.

i told another friend i would like to build a practice box for his 12's out of the same particle board i used on my first one. just for practice mind you.
    no monies involved. i want all the practice i can get,and you know what?its fun as hell to build

.i even dropped 8 pounds over my time off. 4 days. :lol:

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Great to hear pedro. building is fun. I gained weight after i finished up my car. 8 pounds in 4 days is awesome.

post some vids, i'd love to hear how it sounds.

8. pedro quiroga

i tried to make some last night but i didnt want to bother the neighbors. with a 30 hz burb my car port roof was rattleing.lol

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

wow i cant wait to see what 4 12's will do with that PS1-5500D

10. pedro quiroga

oh snap! that will be hella loud im sure.:cool:

we are slow as hell at work so ima make another box for my buds truck. simple sealed for a 10. not sure the brand,but he's gonna call me to let me know.

does a box have to be one shape or can it be L shaped for more air? 2005 dodge ram quad cab under the rear pass seat. its gonna be a quick and dirty lil box out of that crap 1/2 in stuff to get an idea of how it can sound.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  11. pedro quiroga

we made the box but it did not have any good output at all. i took pics on my phone but i forgot to up load them. it looked promising.

so anyways the magnet on his sub was to large to make it work it the space we had. so we put the bazooka 6 in it and blah..nothing! so we wired my box on one ch of his 4 ch amp and with around 125 or so.(my box reads 1.9 ohms resistance) and boom it was banging.lol. so i need to do some homework to find a way to fit a box in between the rear seats just behind the center console.

12. pedro quiroga

ok guys im just put that yamaha 8in sub in that crap ass 1/2 mdf box i made at work and it pounds like a mother F...., and get this its only a 6 ohm sub so its only getting....og i dont know around 180ish.

my amp is rated at 250 at 4Ω. this thing is banging out the low notes like a champ.

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

got any videos?

14. pedro quiroga

no i took it out just now to try it at home. it sounds ok inside but the port placement wont allow me to put it in the corner like i want.(port firing into the corner).

i can make a bottle dance on my roof with it tho......the truck not the house:lol: