new subs

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by pedro quiroga, Sep 19, 2008.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

using a circular saw...push with your arm...not with your wrist...and keep it slow and steady. If you stop and hesitate you will cut little notches and possibly burn the MDF.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i will keep that in mind. some cuts did come out better than others.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

it does add up but remember small mistakes won't be seen once you carpet the box. so it doesn't have to be perfect.

4. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

It is a good thing to use a framing square or a chalk line and make a line exactly where you need to cut...Your saw should have a couple of reference notches..Those usually will line up with the cut of the blade...Once you know it is true to the edge of your cut, you can follow that line with the saw guide..It is harder to cut straight if you are trying to look at where the blade is hitting the wood...push with a slow steady motion with your arm (as stated) and follow the line with the notch on the guide..

Your box looks good...

Willy

5. pedro quiroga

ok im done. it took me a while to post as i was still cleaning up the driveway. i got side tracked as well. the shed needed a good cleaning out.

ok now the pics.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok the pics may not be the best as i took them with my phone.

the sound is amazing. the subs have good output down to 25 hz, and still play down to 20 hz fairly well.

oh and damn its loud!

6. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Looks good man!!!

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

yup good job! what do u think ure hittin db wise now?

8. pedro quiroga

thank you. the cuts are crooked and the circles not exactly round,but it sounds great.

9. pedro quiroga

im guessing around the same as before but at a lower freq.

10. jonnyv713

and with 8's! lol

11. pedro quiroga

yeah! sweet right. theres a show next month and i'll find out for sure how loud it can get.

12. jonnyv713

cool! good luck man

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Looks great pedro!!! are you going to carpet the box? post some vids if you can. I'm jealous now, I don't have any boom in my car anymore. it's just sitting at the house. It's freakin hard to sell an expedition nowadays.

14. pedro quiroga

i found some black carpet in my shed along with some spay adhesive so ima see in the morn if i have enough to do it.

i was thinking also of doing something like what you did in the expy. another false floor. i still have my old one and can make an outline of it. that'll have to wait till i know exactly what i want to do.:cool:

15. pedro quiroga

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok here it is with carpet. i think it came out ok for doing it in a hurry and in the darkness of my carport with only my work light.

16. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

it must be metered.

17. pedro quiroga

soon my friend soon. funny thing happened today. one of the dust caps popped off while i was playing a 30hz tone in my driveway. so i hot glued it back on.

18. jonnyv713

wow u are beetin the hell out of those subs already.

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

CA glue would be better...hot glue will work though i guess lol