Liftedranger's new system

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by liftedranger08, Nov 14, 2008.

1. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

did you add another baffle to the front of the box or did you cut into the existing baffle?

2. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

I added another baffle. How much difference 4 the tuning would adding 3/4inch to the length of the port be?

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

very miniscule to say the least. i dont think you could hear the diff.

4. jhaddock11490

jhaddock11490 New Member

hey, nice to see some cerwin-vega v-max, lol, i have some too, i have pics up on my cardomain page, i havent seen anyone with the same stuff i have until now, i had to register to this forum first though, but daaaaaannnng nice,

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2490002

the only thing that is different from the pics are that i have tinted front windows now, and my amp is an Orion HCCA-2400d, and it puts out more than enough power to my subs for my liking...

oh, i hit 147 on the dash at 37 hz... at a comp near my local town...

so im just judging on how well you did your system, i expect the same... yours are a newer model though...

and i wish i had a vid camera to make a vid of my own...
    and my roof flexs like none other...

im just surprised to see someone else with some cerwin veg v-max's,
    no one ever runs those...

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

probly tuned it a .25hz lower.

6. liftedranger08

Well guys, im hopin tomorrow is the day to find out some numbers for these subs. I am gona get some numbers with the 600 amp then again with the nine.1 amp with the new wiring and stuff. I cant wait. :)

7. pedro quiroga

well!?? what happened? i still say with 600 watts and the 2 15's you should be in the 142 range. it also helps that you have a very small cabin to compress the air.

8. liftedranger08

Well guys, I hit 139.5 w doors open and 144.9 w doors closed and windows up w just a 600 watt amp.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

nice score...mid 140s like I thought.

10. pedro quiroga

wow. sweet score. what freq did you use or did you use music?if so which song.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

VERY nice score there.

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

very nice, as pedro said what freq/song?

13. liftedranger08

Im not really sure what song or frequency it was. I think the frequency was around 32 Hz. I do know now that i def need some bracing to put in it because it flexes and rattles like crazy. I was thinking about putting 2 2x4s across and 2 2x4s up and down. I also shortened my port up about 4" and it hits a little louder.

14. liftedranger08

What do you guys think about me rhino lining the outside of my box and painting my port and where my speakers mount red since my subs are red?

15. pedro quiroga

grey or black? either color with the red would look cool.

16. liftedranger08

Ill prolly do black. It will be the roll on stuff. I just wanted to something a little different and the rhinolining should help seal it up if theres any leaks.

17. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i was gonna do that to my box but it was more expensive than i thought so i used rubberized undercoating

18. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

good call on the port reduction, 145@32hz is pretty impressive.

19. liftedranger08

Yea i thought 145 was pretty good with just a 600 watt amp. Im ready to get my ED nine.1 and see how my system sounds then. When i get finished with my system, i hope to hit 150.

20. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

thats my goal too. I have been told that Cutlass is like the worst car for it though.