itching for 15's now

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by cccullen, Sep 8, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I want to get some ideas from all of you... I've been really wanting to move up to 2 15's now. 12's are great but i want bigger!!! lol

What should i be looking at? budget? hmmm, not really sure yet but I a cheap bastard so something that will really sound good but won't break the bank.. I was looking at a pair Audioque SDC2.5 15's. Would that bump pretty good?

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i think those would bump nice, havent heard anything but good things about audioque. everyon says they sound good and they're decently priced. if you're itching for more, why not just go for the hdc315?? :)

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

would love to but don't think my nine.1 could keep up with the hdc315's.. I am thinking about pre ordering another nine.1 though.. but if i do that then I'll have to beef up my electrical. grrrrrr... That is, if i keep the car.

4. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

well, if you plan on keeping the nine.1 and you get the sdc2.5 15s, you'll hear a big difference in the right box. my friend had a cvx 12" on the kicker 750.1, blew the 12, moved up to the 15 cvx and heard a HUGE difference

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's why i want to make the move to 15's.. I'm not satisfied with my 12's anymore. lol

I could go with some 16Ov.2's.. I'll have to see how my funds go though. right now, i can't do it... I already spent too much on the focals. 15's are in my plan though. I just don't which one's to get right now.

6. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

hmmm i would take the audioque > ed 16Ov.2

have you looked at dc lvl 3s? or even the fi ssd? just giving you a few more options

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

hell CC, just get two 19Ov.2's

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what can you get locally?

i took my 15 out last night and went back to my 4 8's. was not a bad decision at all.

9. pedro quiroga

now the 15 is doing HT duty, very well too.

i also took care of the noise one of my 8's was making. let me tell you this. those subs can take some abuse and still work after i was done with it. no really. i took a hammer and screw driver to it to finesse it to shut up.

only needed to move it a few thousands of an inch.

sorry for jacking your thread.

can you get IA subs? my friend robin with the neon is putting in some 21's tomorrow. yup 2 of em!!

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Holy crap!!!! 21's??????? wow!!!! get some pics and vids of robins car once he's got them in!

I really can't buy anything locally here, it's just too damn expensive. 19Ov.2's aren't a bad idea but if i change my car down the road i don't think they'll fit in a sedan so I really want to stick with 15's.. Nothing too wild though cuz i'm just gonna run them off the nine.1 that's why i was thinking of the AQ's. still in a planning stage though but i really want to retire my 12's and prolly put them in the wifey's car later on.

glad to hear the 8's are slamming again. so no noise now? didn't you burn a coil on one of them?

11. pedro quiroga

i did burn one coil. its 3 @ 4 ohms and one @ 2 ohms ,but with impedance rise im doing a lil over 530 watts at 2 ohms. even tho the DMM says .7 ohms.

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i have my fingers crossed on this... I may be able to get a pair of Audioque SDC2.5 15's for $275 shipped. Even though i really can't afford it i may just get 'em. they are used with only 10 hours of play on them. so, they are really still new. I'll see how it goes. the guy seems interested now with the price since he lives pretty near to the house in Cali.

13. pedro quiroga

is that each? or for both?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

That's for both. :)

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Hey Pedro, do you know anybody selling some nice 15's around your area used?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
  16. jonnyv713

i was lookin at the hard core AQ's and i think i might get a couple 18's for my next car... with prolly some big time power. maybe a big show off system...

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i can't go big time. I wish i had the money to do it cuz i would but being married with 2 kids puts a strain on my budget. lol

well the guy accepted $275 for the 2 AQ SDC2.5 15"... Should i do it? or should i just keep on looking for something else?

18. jonnyv713

i would do it. the lowest i seen any others were 310 shipped for a pair. the AQ's look like a really solid sub

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

lol. you saw that on the CA forum right? well, that's the guy i'm talking about. he accepted my offer at $275. I may get them. my wife is gonna kill me though. hahaha

20. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

do it!!! :)