I think my sub is done. I need some more opinions please!!

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by SoloX531, Jun 26, 2011.

1. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

I have a Solo baric l7 and after installed my new amp which is far bigger than my last, and it hasnt been working for me at all. its been cutting out on and not playing. theres no treble coming from the sub what so ever. i did the test that pushes down on the cone and nothing, no catching, noises or nothing. So i took the sub out of the box to see if i could smell anything burning. nothing this time either.... what do you guys think? oh and i heard something about if it IS blown, i could send it to kicker and they would give me money for what its worth.

2. Promodmerc

Promodmerc Full Member

Kicker will test the sub and deterime if the failure was casued by something you did. If so you will get nothing but a letter stating you are SOL.

If it is a bad sub I doubt they will send you a check. They will most likely replace it.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

why would there be treble coming from the sub?

get a multi meter and check for resistance, that will tell you if it is blown.

4. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

is the sub cutting on and off or is the amp cutting on and off?? do the lights go off on the amp?? usually subs dont cut on and off..

5. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

The sub is going on and off, the amp light is solid. It plays for idk 10-15 minutes then abruptly stops. I switched amps to a smaller one and now it works fine. I still wanna know why I can't use that amp

6. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

sounds like something is wrong with the amp to me..

7. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

That's what I'm thinking...

8. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

you interested in that amp i was telling u about?

9. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

Nah I found another one, but thanks for the offer. There needs to be more people like you on here.

10. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

no problem man.. im here to help..

11. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

check out my video i posted in the general car audio.. shows my system i just threw together