Enclosure Size help

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by DSM1999, Nov 28, 2006.

1. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

will a 0.85cu ft sealed box be good in a 12" sub (0.85 - 1.75cu. ft).? or does it have to be between or higher the measurements?

2. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

it will work

3. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

oh ok ,

oh even if i bridge the sub?

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

What do you mean...bridge the sub?? Wire it in parallel or series??

What amp do you have??

What is the impedance of your sub???

5. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

well i have a Kenwood Excelon KAC X522 1000W and Impedance: dual 4 ohms

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

The only way you can bridge the amp is if you wire the coils in series for 8 ohms..but it woud be the same output if you wire each coil to a channel

7. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Should have gotta this for your amp

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/130/201/TS-W306C/index.html

Don't expect too much from this setup...It'll have a nice smooth overall sound but nothing ground pounding. Should have done more research instead of inpulse buying...sorry

Could get more output if you put the sub in a ported box

9. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

no no im not expecting a big thing i just want a decent system, you get me. i dont want to have headaches either, after drivin an hour.

oh and u think i need a capacitor ?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Please...a capacitor is a waste of money...manufacturers came up with the idea of a huge capacitor to make more money and take uneducated peoples money.

All you'll need for this amp is to upgrade your big three...read Viking's sticky in the electrical forum.

A capacitor will do nothing but put more strain on an alternator. I would upgrade your battery if it is weak...but the big three willl do more than any number of caps can do

Holy sh!t man...its 3 o clock in the morning...I gotta get up for school tomorrow...good luck

11. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

ok what battery do u recommend then? an OPTIMA?

12. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Azn speaks the the truth, a cap is a waste of money.......

Upgrade the big 3

As far as a battery goes, the optima would do fine. As would a good ol fashioned lead acid battery that is new or in good condition................

The key element here is to keep the battery charged, whatever battery that may be in your car.

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Optimas are overrated and overpriced...I have a Duralast Deep Cycle...its a yellow top.

It has more CCA and reserve power than my friends Optima Yellow Top...but It was half the price...or you could get an Everstart Maxx from Wal-Mart...3 year warranty and return it and get a new one anytime you want no questions asked within the 3 year period

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yup i read that the duralast was rated #1 in consumer reports.

15. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

where can I get the duralast deep cycle battery?

16. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Deep cycle batteries do well in low drain, higher than normal discharge rates and self recovery, as opposed to a standerd car battery....they dont, however kick out as much instaneous current as a car battery...they will work fine in most situations however. just my 2 cents on it.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I got mine from Advanced Auto Parts...My dad has a Duralast Red Top on his Z71 Silverado...it costs a little bit more but works fantastic also.

He always works outside with his truck parked next to him and blasts his music for a couple hours at a time...All he has is a Sony Xplode deck (came with the car and actually a pretty nice one) and some jbl speakers...but the battery doesn't fade

18. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

I have the duralast gold (yellow top) in my car now. Got it about a week ago and works great. Cost me about 80 bucks and the ratings on it are pretty impressive.. so is the warranty. Got it at Autozone.

19. DSM1999

DSM1999 Full Member

alright im goin to try leaving it like that , to see how my car is goin to react when i put the system. and if i need it then im goin with duralast