Dc Lvl 5 15

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by MitaG3, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

well I didn't even have to pay for the alternator, we have another engine for the truck just as a back up, and it had it on there so just swapped em' out

2. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

okay I'm really confused right now. I have a feeling it's the cold messing with stuff but i'll seek some guidance anyways.

So one day I warmed my sub up good and set the input lvl on my amp so it was all good no bottoming out or clipping or anything. I even set it with the volume a bit higher than I normally listen just to be safe. So then it gets really cold so I turn the subwoofer lvl down on my H/u now. I've had it down for a bit now and as I warm it up i'll gradually turn that up along with the bass control knob. Today i'm on my way to work (~15 min drive) after had already been warming it up for a bit. When i'm nearing work i turn it up some not even close to how loud i'd been playing it a week before and it starts clipping like crazyyyy. So of course I turn it back down. I try and reset the gain and stuff again real quick and it's just not working right the only way I got it to stop clipping was to turn the amp wayyy down. Right before I'm giving up to go into work I notice my phase control was like a third of the way turned for some reason so I turned it back to 0.

I didn't try messing with it again after that but is there any chance that the phase control is what was messing with it? I have no idea when it got moved to that. Or is there some other reason this could be happening? Please HELP!