Dc Lvl 5 15

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by MitaG3, Dec 23, 2009.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i have an amp in the car that i know is older than most of these guys, and others that came out when they were still in diapers,lol.

2. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Well I really would not like that. Any tricks you have to prevent that at all?

3. kingsuv

kingsuv Full Member

:lol: You ain't lying

No real tricks other then to watch where you put stuff. Obviously it all depends on the car and how well it seals up. Under seats, floorboards and the floor of the truck all can be places to collect water.

If condensation builds up on the inside of the windows real good then shances are it is building up elsewhere.

4. pedro quiroga

what kind of car is this going in again, im old and forget things,lol.

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Sebring I think...

6. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Yeah a 1999 Chrysler Sebring 2 dr coupe.

I couldn't find a good place for it really so for now I just put about 5 layers of dynamat (generic) under the mounting posts of the amp and used extra long screws to screw it into the box. The box was really sturdy to begin with so I think it should be alright.

Oh and this Brutus amp is sooooooooooooo much better in every way than my power acoustik, I just continue to be impressed by this sub it's nuts!

7. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

vids! vids! vids!

8. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

ha alright I will. I'm trying to find a good day for one. This week has been in the negative degrees outside and I don't feel like freezing lol

9. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i feel you man, its cold in fl right now too, well for us floridians...its like 50 degrees out haha

10. BIG_RED

BIG_RED Full Member

i know people pusshing 4k+ to btl 15s daily

11. BIG_RED

BIG_RED Full Member

lol i just pulled a Blaupunkt trunk mount cell phone out my wifes car! now dat was old

12. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Omg... 50 degrees would be like heaven right now, I'd probably sleep outside just cause I could lol

And dannggg. 4k daily no problems? Thats pretty nuts. Fi shouldn't have even bothered putting a Rms and Max rating on these things

13. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

14. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Lol yeah I would put that off as long as I could

15. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Yeah lol.. it really wouldn't be to bad if it were easy to get to, but it's like all the way at the bottom of the engine, and everything is so compact under the hood. it's horrible

16. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Lol yeah that sucks. Mines on the side I think so easier but still sucks

17. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

haha guys, mine is 2 bolts, out in the open, and i have changed it twice already. it aint hard at all :) I guess its just cause its from '87 lol

18. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

wow lol nice. Thats how the blazer I'm lookin at is gunna be. I can't wait to get an SUV. Then I can get my second BTL and no more 25 minutes of pushing to get the box in lol

19. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Well I came home from school and someone was at my house putting it in for me! so I lucked out lol.

your lucky jonny! haha on the durango it's right out in the open on the top really easy to get to.

20. pedro quiroga

thats always nice.

the one in my jimmy is out in the open too. altho i dont have the cash to replace it,lol.