Dc Lvl 5 15

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by MitaG3, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

how old r u two?

2. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

I'm seventeen

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i'm 20 lol

4. jonnyv713

kvo's an old fart! haha jk

5. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Lol how old are you

6. jonnyv713

im sixteen

7. kingsuv

kingsuv Full Member

I have worked with both quite a bit.

The BTL is more forgiving in install then the DC.

But the DC will out perform the BTL in how it sounds.

They both clam without a doubt, IMO the DC will sound better doing it.

8. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

dang I thought most of the people on here would be older lol. Most of the "kids" around here don't know anything really lol

9. jonnyv713

well i was tought by the "old" folk around here. no offense guys but CC, Pedro, Viking, Ranger, Azn(young, but older than me), electro(just like Azn), and Kvo has helped me out, and ya i think i got everyone.

People in general dont really know anything here so I feel really smart when i show a shop owner up with 15's with my 12's haha.

10. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

there's only a few younger ppl, i think most are older. like pedro, that old fart lol

11. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Well the Brutus is here :) my ring terminal things should be here tomorrow so I can clean up my install (which i'm dying to put this back in).

I hear mixed opinions though, how bad is it really to play your sub in the cold as long as you warm it up good first? Cause I took everything out of my car cause I kept hearing people say how it messes up the sub over time

12. jonnyv713

do what u just said and it will be fine. dont go out there and just start wangin on it cause stuff is fragile when it is cold.

13. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Sounds good to me then. I have a bad seal in my back window or probably my trunk so sometimes ice forms on the inside of my back window, does that change your opinion at all?

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hahahahaha...

15. jonnyv713

no. if you are referring to the window being more fragile, thats not what i was getting at. i was talking more about the cones of the subs and stuff. i dont think you have to worry about breaking your windows, even though that system is gonna wang HARD! haha

16. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

lol ohh no I wasn't worried about my window. I was mostly worried about ice deciding to form on my sub or something lol

17. jonnyv713

id make sure about that happening. Ive had frost form on my subs but it didnt hurt them. It sucks living in this weather!

18. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

I know! I hate it. But the nice places have hurricanes and stuff so I guess I can deal with it lol

19. kingsuv

kingsuv Full Member

The bigger concern with that is not the subs but the amps.

If condensation forms in the amp, it can short out. I have seen more then a few amps with rusty bottom plates because that sit on wet carpet even though there is no "leaks" into the cabin.

20. kingsuv

kingsuv Full Member

And lets not talk about age, I bet I have some gear in the bone pile with formats some of y'all haven't seen before. :D