Boston Acoustic Generator

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by machew_mcbride, Dec 6, 2006.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yup.that looks to fit the bill.........NEXT!!!

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yes it is new school but it is PG pedro lol

3. pedro quiroga

hahahah......

4. machew_mcbride

machew_mcbride Full Member

Nominal 4 ohm

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

6. machew_mcbride

machew_mcbride Full Member

how a bout a ps2-820 which is a poweracoustic amp that has 460 watts rms x 1 its only $105 on cardomain

7. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

you get what you pay for.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Overrated....I'd rather spend some money on an amp that is quality and will last

9. pedro quiroga

so azn your putting 800 rms to your sub?ouch.and the radio keeps up with that?

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well not really....but I listen to rap man haha and I like to bump...but when I wanna actually listen to the music I turn the bass down to like 5 out of 15 and the deck can keep up.

I'm gonna try to buy my friends old school rockford 800a4 or 400a4 (can't remember) four channel...her older brother bought it brand new back in the day and it is in mint condition man...looks brand new

EDIT: ok her gay brother took that amp back so I guess I'll just get this to run my highs...bridge fronts to a channel and bridge rears to a channel
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17292

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  11. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Good enough. Yep, she like2 rap, and I guess it isn't my favorite. Old and new rock is more my choice. But, I think I want a bit more when I pop in a Kid Rock CD. I am looking to upgrade to either a Boston G2 or a G5 10" which should be enogh for a Ranger cab. It calls for a .5 enclosure sealed, which is what I have now. It'll do till I build a ported box, I think

12. pedro quiroga

why not just get a good 4 ch amp?

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Eh I don't really care for front rear fade as I can't even hear the rear speakers anyways because they are way low on the rear doors...and the seats block the sound so the only people that hear them are the rear passengers...but hell I'll prolly get a Pheonix Gold Octane series 4 channel.

Update...I took out that huge box for my 15 a while ago...just didn't have any room for my stuff lol...Right now I'm pushing about 700 watts to my old school JL Audio 12W6 sub in a 1.5 cu ft sealed box...sound quality is awesome...and it takes it like a champ. Soon when I have time I'ma build a decware deathbox 12 for it.

I just can't believe how underrated these subs are...rated at 300 watts rms but taking 700+ daily

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  14. pedro quiroga

ok if not a 4 ch why not a 2ch at around 100x2 or so and run the rears off the radio power

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

16. pedro quiroga

why not an mb quart amp.they will match.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Cuz they are pretty big and I'm not looking for big power...somewhere around 50 watts per channel at 4 ohms

18. pedro quiroga

looks good man.let me know how that panel thing goes.

i had an idea to mount my 3 amps in the roof of mine.saw it in a mag.

i'm looking to go as stealth as possible.i once had a 10 infinity sud IN the spare tire.

but when i got my solo i scraped the box.