are three 10's better than two 12's?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by CADILLACPIMPIN4, Mar 3, 2011.

1. CADILLACPIMPIN4

CADILLACPIMPIN4 Full Member

i have 3 rockford fosgate p1's (10 inch woofers) and i have two kicker amps zx200.2
    and a zx300.1 one is a mono block amp and the other is a 2 channel amp..... my question is in a Cadillac deville (1998) would it be better to run two subs or three also which kind of sub box set-up would give it better sound? im a college student and plan on trying to make my own box during the up comming spring break

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Its all in the box.........

3. CADILLACPIMPIN4

My project 98 deville concour **lacswaggin*

i ran across a guy (crackhead) who sold me 3 ten inch woofers and two amps from kicker ones a subwoofer amp the other is a two channel amp?? i have several questions i plan on building my own box and wiring it up myself

1. could u run one amp off three subs or would it be better to bridge two amps to power all three?

2.which would be better a sealed box or ported?

3. this is ging to be my first attempt at doing my own box im an ex army mechanic im ok with electronics not a super wiz but i know how to get things done

Attached Files:

4. CADILLACPIMPIN4

200 bucks is what i paid for this... worth the buy or paid 2 much?

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

depending on the impedance of the drivers and the minimum load the amp is capable of...I would just use the big amp only for the subs if it will handle it. As for a box, Vented will yield more output. But a sealed will do just fine and is more forgiving of a few things. From what I could see in the pic, about .75 cubic feet per driver would be a good sealed box. Since you have a mechanical background you shouldnt have any too much trouble getting this done. And ya, in my opinion I would say you got a good deal!

6. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

carefull, looks like that sh!ts hot (stolin) to be sold at that pire lol, the big amp is worth 200 it self

7. CADILLACPIMPIN4

connerray this baltimore 95% of the time u have to "meet" somebody at a mutual location to buy something its stolen...whether it's or isnt i dont know the guy was a crackhead he was missing teeth and kept twitching,sniffin and rubbin his nose i gave him 200 i bet that 200 was gone within 20 minutes

8. henchman

henchman Full Member

3 subs

I don't know the frequency response of those subs, but you could run 2 10's as midbass off the stereo amp , put the other one in a big low tuned slot port box with the mono amp. Just an idea