8" for the truck

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by jonnyv713, Dec 5, 2007.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

no idea.....?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Be careful with that voltage booster...you can clip your amp and fry your equipment very easily if you do not know how to use it correctly

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

alright i will be sure to do some research on them. Along with that sound processor, after christmas, i was gonna maybe build an adapter out of mdf for a 5.25 inch component system in the place of the 6x9 factory holes in the doors. How does this system look it is pretty cheap, but i havent really heard alot about blaupunkt.
    Blaupunkt PCcb540 - 5-1/4" Component Speaker • 50 watts RMS • Sensitivity 91 dB - , Car Speakers, 5-1, 4" Component Systems - Sonic Electronix
    Then i would power it with my jensen 115 rms amp that i have.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd rather opt for a 6.5 inch component set IF you are going the component set

IMO I like 6x9s...a lot of people will say different. A nice set of 6x9s will SCREAM loud and sound good too.

My best friend has some JL 6x9s...huge motor on them. They are MUCH louder than his JL VR 6.5 inch component set

5. jonnyv713

6. jonnyv713

So, will those handle bass and not distort? And what about that soundstream processor?

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

They can if you install them correctly and solidly.

Why are you so set on a sound processor??

I would first buy an amp for the speakers an then see if you are happy.

8. jonnyv713

i have an amp for the speakers. and i wanted a sound processor cause my friend has one and i thought it made a huge difference. but i dont know if i want one right now tho.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd wait first...I think you will be happy with those speakers.

Also I wouldn't try to push speakers to put out too much bass....thats what a sub is for...I'd cross them over around 50-60Hz

10. jonnyv713

Alright if i by em i might wait to hook up the amp and just run them off the head unit for a while. Because i will have to buy a new wiring kit to hook it up.

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

you won't like the way head unit power sounds after you have heard speakers powered by an external amp.

I have never had my speakers powered by an amp until the end of the summer when I decided to hook up my 2 channel to them...I was amazed at the difference in quality and dynamics. I hate head unit power now

12. jonnyv713

Ok, well i think i will wait until christmas for all this to happen. Because i still have to decide on 1 or 2 subs in the truck and then build new boxes for them. After i get the bass i will look into the speakers but ya i think i like those alpines.