Dc Lvl 5 15

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by MitaG3, Dec 23, 2009.

1. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

How big of an upgrade do you think a Dc Lvl 5 would be over an Fi BTL? Both on 2600 rms in a 3.5 cu ft box

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

both are great subs. both have been proven to slam and take tons of power

i wouldnt say one is really better than the other.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Ohh I see. I had heard some people say that the BTL's compare to the Lvl 4 extreme's not the Lvl 5's. But this was just random people, so I will definitely take your advice on this one, thanks

4. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i say the BLs without any of the add-ons would be compared to the lvl 4 and BL with all the add-ons would be more like the 4xl...i dont think there's any way the lvl 4 would be compared to the BTL, meade has shown everyone what those things can take, he threw 4-5k on each of his for a while. but im kind of biased towards DC, im thinking of getting a lvl 5 in the next couple months :)

5. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

lol yeah. the fact that you are biased to DC but still saying there's not really a difference is what makes me believe you.

I have a BTL right now but I saw how insane the lvl 5's look and Rusty (thats his name right?) said he would cut me a deal on one cause there's no dealers around me. But I can't really find any good video's or info on them so I wasn't sure if they really were worth the trouble trading away my BTL for one.

6. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

what size btl do you have? what amp do you have on it? also, whats your box specs on it?? i would rather you mess around with that before you go ahead and get the dc because i believe they are both on the same playing field as far as power handling and stuff

7. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Well I don't think I'm going to get the DC anymore.

Right now I have a 15" Btl in a ported box just under 3.5 cubes tuned to 32 hz. And on Tuesday my Hifonics Brutus BXI 2610d amp will be here (2600 rms). I have a big battery under the hood and a Kinetic 1400 in the back. Kicker 4 gauge to the battery and 0 gauge to the amp. I plan on getting atleast 1 more kinetic soon too.

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

that setup is going to bang really hard!

9. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

if you havent done your big 3, you should do that.. also a HO might be in order since you are doing 2000+rms...also your box seems like it should be fine. just throw a nice amp on there and you'll be plenty happy...if not, add another btl lol

10. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

I upgraded the negative and positive battery cables for under the hood, and made the connections all nice. What else is involved with the Big 3 exactly?

In another year or so I plan on getting a different car (SUV actually), and yes add another BTL too lol. Then i'll get the H/o alternator. Until then i'll just hope my stock one doesn't die.

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

upgrading the batt to alt, batt neg to engine ground, and batt neg to frame.

12. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Okay thought so, i'll have all that done after my car gets unburried with snow lol. I just need the alt to the battery wire upgraded. Thanks for the help. I can't wait for it to warm up I really wanna get this thing metered

13. jonnyv713

where u located? we got about 18"

14. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Eastern Nebraska. We got about a foot right now but the wind is awful so there are snowbanks everywhere. Including my alley where my sweet little Chrysler seabring is stuck ha

15. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

really? i have family in bellevue, im not sure if thats east or whatever. but i might be going to visit them next month

16. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

lol yeah thats not too far above me. Bellevue is usually more cleared off though

17. jonnyv713

Bellevue is about 130 miles from me. Omaha is like 120 so we aint that far apart. I go to Omaha every once in a while so maybe we could hook up and show off to eachother.

18. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

well my car wont be up there when i go visit lol. but when i head up there, i'll definitely let you know

19. jonnyv713

alright sounds good. what about u Mita? u down?

20. MitaG3

MitaG3 Full Member

Sounds good to me. It would have to on a weekend but yeah I would meet up