WTB bracket for 2nd alt 01' Chevy Astro

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by kryptonitewhite, Aug 26, 2010.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

I need a mounting bracket to mount a 2nd alt on an 01' Chevy Astro. I have a HO Iraggi in the stock location and I need to add a second, so either a dual bracket for the stock location..which i do not believe is possible, no room, or a bracket to mount a 2nd one elsewhere...preferably under neith, but gonna guess I will have to pull the AC compressor to mount it there.

please email me at kryptonitewhite at hotmail

Thank you.

Jordan Powell

( looked for want to by but didnt see one if there is )

2. kryptonitewhite

i will pay good money for a bracket

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

is it a 4.3 vortec?

4. jonnyv713

5. kryptonitewhite

not a vortec I dont believe, and I have been banned from SMD cuz dave is a punk lol

6. kryptonitewhite

anyone know if it is possible to fit 2 alts in the AC compressor spot? No one has a bracket for additional alts on an Astro/Safari?

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hey i might have some good news. i have a friend in orlando that was going to have a 2nd alt installed. he found a guy that would have made a bracket for 250. not sure if he would have to remove the a/c compressor tho. i'll ask him on FB.

he has a 2000 blazer. and it was going to be a local guy too. i'll still ask.

8. kryptonitewhite

thanks Pedro! If he has the 4.3 I might be in luck!

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

he PM'd me back, he's going to ask.

10. kryptonitewhite

:D Im excited. I really need to get a couple alts and some IB3s :D

11. jonnyv713

going IB3s again Jordan?

12. kryptonitewhite

definitely. Ive been learning about the 10 cubic foot box, sorry they suck in such little airspace. Theres a guy on AVS that has TC-2000s that perform the same in the same box, he said he just EQs down the peak. They just need a lot of airspace, double what you have now.

Otherwise are you happy with them?

13. jonnyv713

ya they are great. I havent driven my car in a couple weeks. she is down for the time. looking for a new car to be more reliable and more fuel efficient. Looking at a couple trans ams right now with LT1s in them. They would need some subs too and I dont know if 2 18s will fit with just walling the hatch. I dont know yet though. ideas?

14. kryptonitewhite

something with more motor strength that doesnt need such a large box? :D

15. jonnyv713

wanna buy a couple 18s? Hahahaha I'll sell ya the box too :) then you could definateky sell it to someone I don't know what I am going to though yet.

16. kryptonitewhite

lol. how much airspace is in your trunk? what if u walled it off but left the rear window open... much lighter and if theres more airspace, u can still port the IB just seal it off well including the air vents that let the trunk breathe outside. if you can get close to double the airspace it would be much flatter responce, much louder with the same power

the box is just too small. 5 cubes per isnt gonna cut it. mine have around 12 per and theyre awesome

17. jonnyv713

So IB it in the trunk you are saying??

18. kryptonitewhite

yes, pull the backseat and wall it, or build an extention....so build another box that uses up your whole backseat but doesnt block your rear window, but build it without a back so it opens up to the trunk

19. jonnyv713

I dont know man, I think I am going to pick up a Trans Am in Omaha Friday or Saturday. I dont know what I am going to then. 1 big 18? 2 hellacious 12s? There is no way in hell I can fir 2 18s in there.

20. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Omaha.....

I thought i was dead, then i realized, i was in nebraska....(quote from unforgiven)

I lived in that town for a while, dundee area, and west O.... be glad to never be back there! LOL! Sorry just had to interject my lil comment! (any of you ever go to the Ranch bowl or D dubs pub?)