wiring in the trunk

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by thatyoungin, Mar 11, 2007.

1. thatyoungin

thatyoungin Full Member

i bought a wireless backup cam frow walmart, i have a 200i impala. anybody know of a good place to run a (+) and (-) besides from my amp?

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Most orange wires in a GM are your hot wires....might pull power from the trunks courtesy light....

If not, then the amp will work...be sure to fuse the wire near the amplifier with about a 5 amp fuse to protect the smaller gauge wire. (very important!!!! )

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

can he go from the reverse +.unless you want it on all the time.then go from the amp.

4. thatyoungin

thatyoungin Full Member

ok i have it running from the amp now, and grounded to the amp as well, but for some weird reason, the monitor has a lot of flickering, and it looks like it isn't getting a good signal. the picture is clear sometimes, usually when i'm sitting still, but other than that, the screen's image just jumps up and down like it doesn't have any vertical hold. it's ****ing me off!

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

The wonders of walmart electronics!!!!!!

6. thatyoungin

thatyoungin Full Member

i didn't say it was perfect, or even a good buy. but if it wasn't for the damn monitor, it'd be perfect. funny thing, the one on display at the store works perfectly! go figure

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

welcome! the one in the store is not being subjected to a bumpy ride, might try mounting the camera more solid or in a better place.

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

electro it mounts to the licence plate.maybe its too far from the monitor or reciever?

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

oh ok, it could be, maybe something in the way of the signal. is it wireless? then it could be a lot of things lol like radio or amp interference, maybe loose connections too, or just a crappy device altogether lol.

10. thatyoungin

thatyoungin Full Member

its from the dash to the tag. i wouldn't think that would be too far(on a 2000 impala) for a wireless cam. it works perfectly in the store, and they have it next to car stereos and all so i'm lost as to why i'm gettin the JUMPINESS, yes i did make up a word! maybe its just a crappy unit?!

11. pontiac_fiero_g

pontiac_fiero_g Full Member

learn from my mistake never buy from wal-mart .