wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by 07gmc, Oct 23, 2010.

1. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

looking for a factory wiring diagram for an 07 gmc sierra 1500 (new body with bose). Ive been able to find an 07 classic but thats it

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

GM is really goo about not changing things, speaker wiring should be the same for most GM vehicles.

Did you say you had a Bose system, if so you need to located the speaker wires at the amp

From Audiovox:
    #510564: 2007 GMC SIERRA
    Audio/Mobile Video
    WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
    Battery ORANGE (+) RADIO HARNESS
    Accesory (CLASS 2 DATA) (+) RADIO HARNESS
    THE RADIO HARNESS DOES NOT PROVIDE A SWITCHED POWER SOURCE. RUN A WIRE TO THE FUSEBOX FOR SWITCHED POWER. THE ACCESSORY TURN-ON AND AMPLIFIER TURN-ON ARE CONTROLLED BY THE CLASS 2 SERIAL NETWORK.
    Ground BLACK/WHITE (-) RADIO HARNESS
    Illumination GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
    Dimmer BROWN (+) RADIO HARNESS
    Amp Turn On PINK (+) RADIO HARNESS
    LF Speaker (+) TAN
    LF Speaker (-) GRAY
    RF Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN
    RF Speaker (-) DARK GREEN
    LR Speaker (+) BROWN
    LR Speaker (-) YELLOW
    RR Speaker (+) DARK BLUE
    RR Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE
    Amp Location UNDER CENTER CONSOLE

3. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

thhanks ranger.......I was wondering if that was the case.....but just wanted to make sure!

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Really, the install won't be that bad, but lets do a little pre planning. Make sure we can find and get to the Bose amp. Changing plans half way into an install is a bad idea and it leads to a lot of frustration.

Take your truck apart, get a good idea where everything is going. Make sure it will fit. Do you need to have access to the processor after its installed? If so figure out where it needs to go.

Lets make sure everything is planned out. Where are the amps going? Are you going to use one 5-channel, or a 4-channel plus a sub amp. How is this all going to come together?

Nothing is more frustrating than having to change plans during an install. I would even plan out where and how the power wire is routed.

Planning is everything

5. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

bose amp is under center console. planning on the processor and amp mounting in the back under the rear seat with the sub box. that way i can get to the amp and the processor to make adjustments. planning on running the power down the passenger side of truck, but I need to dig around under the hood a bit more. If I can find an existing grommet in the firewall...I would prefer to use it. Im planning on using a ring terminal anchored to one of the rear seat mount bolts for the ground. that will keep the ground wire really short. So if im correct in my thinking.....the processor can tie in where I unplug the harness from the factory amp (on the input side)? LOL...I dont know why the processor has me so hesitant to do this install myself.........whats one more puzzle piece???

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Typically not a good ground. Those bolts have stuff on them that prevents moisture and corrosion. So its an insulator.

7. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

ok....will scrap using the seat mount and just clean some paint from the sheetmetal and use a screw and star washer. am I on the right track with everything else so far?

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I think your in good shape

Before you start installing, that processor is designed to send audio to more than just a sub amp. Lets make sure we are on the same page, how many amps do you plan on using? Brief summary on your plans please.

9. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

ive got a jl audio xd600/6 im using

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Perfect, your are in great shape. Let us know when your ready to do the install.

11. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

Sure will! Thanks for all the help!