Why I love this forum.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DaveDSMer, Feb 26, 2007.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Well .. ive pretty much given up posting in any car forums in the audio sections they have because all of them are retards...

Just.. man... look at this..

Idiot 1:

"my subs sounds like crap, i have two 10" with a 650 watt sony x-plod amp, they are hitting hard in mine. i think it might be my badpass box, what do u all think."

Idiot 2:

"what kind of 10"s? i think it might be the amp. sony is going down with the car audio quality. i got some sony xplode 6x9's and i hat them! HATE THEM! i had infinity in there, but i messed around with some wiring and ended up blowing them out i should have known better. now i have to replace them yet again!!!"

Idiot 3:

"I never like bandpass i have a rockford fosgate competion one and it sounds nice but you will never know when there is distrotion or bad noises coming from your subs so you tend to blow them that my feel right now i have two 12inch Jl audio w1 and i like them in a jl sealed box i will be uprgrading that with one more so i have three 12inchs pumping haha in a ported box maybe or sealed havnt decided yet"

Idiot 2:

"yea i have to agree there, i think i want to use the b'pass for low end bass, and install an 8" in the hole in the rear deck for mid-range. i think that whenever a b'pass is used, that extra mid range is needed--especally if you going 2 ohm. JL i think makes the best speakers tho--i heard there is a 10" free air(no box needed) that hits harder than alot of boxed subs! how but that! called the Perfect"

Idiot 1:

"pyramid 10's a guy had them in his truck, and they hit soo hard that he had to replace his sliding glass window twice. so something is wrong, i know it cant be the amp, cause my roommate little brother has the same amp pushing two 12" duals in a bandpass box in his ram. could it be casue the box is built for a truck or SUV rather than a car?"

Idiot 2:

"it could be the box is made for a truck, but i still say amp because of the speaker quality--pyramid is GREAT. dual is ok. and if i'm not mistaken, pyramid can handle a great deal of power. do you have them bridged at all? did you hook them up with the same setup that the guy had in the truck? try changing the position of the speakers in the trunk"

I couldnt bring myself to respond to a thread like this i mean.. wow.. tell me I am wrong and these guys are right.. because.. wow..

2. Caraudiotalk

Caraudiotalk Administrator Staff Member

so --- your saying you like Car Audio Talk?

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

wow...all of these guys are fuking tards....i just laughed at every dude there

yeah man pyramid is GREAT and can handle a great deal of power?? considering they have like 30 different lines of subwoofers.

It would be pointless to correct everyone in that forum...they all are ignorant to the truth and that all of their systems suck ass and they are all idiots

CarAudioTalk.com is the most Ballinest site there is

4. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

This is the best audio forum on the net hands down.

5. Spkrman

Spkrman Full Member

lol :)

forum seems pretty kewl thus far

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hey maybe i need an 8 for midrange too.my sub is 2 ohms.......OMG...i'm dooomed.....DOOMED!!

help i need an 8.....now!!

7. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

haha pedro

8. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

and the hits just keep on coming....

Idiot 1:

"well guys i fixed my problem. it is the box, so i did some jerry rigging on the box. first i plugged the portholes, and then took the plexiglass window off, and now it hits hard. they are bridged now. it could hit harder but for right now it is fine. need it to work since i have car show on march 17th in kilgore."

Idiot 2:

"well good luck with that carshow!! i was going to ask that question, i want to put that bandpass box in the spare tire well in my trunk, and what if i put luggage over top and it covered the ports? would that blow the speakers up??"

Idiot 1:

"shouldnt i got stirfoam plugging my portholes. mine is in the dip in my trunk."

... im just speachless.

The guy now wants to use a 10" driver to get more midbass.. wtf!?

9. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

aww you used my name in a bad way :( jerry

10. ibanezFreak87

ibanezFreak87 Full Member

hahaaha, this is great. aw. man I mean the thing is.... even when I knew nothing about car audio. I STILL knew more than these kids. uh damn

did he realy say, "pyramid is GREAT?!"

11. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I am gunna stay out of this!!!! If I post what I really want to say, i would have too ban myself!!!!

12. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

haha viking man! come on! we need some ranting!

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Honestly, i don't know much at all about car audio but I know a lot more than these morons. geez! what site did you get that off of?

14. pedro quiroga

to be honest useing a 10 for a midbass has been done in some magizines before.......now it has been a while,but its been done.

15. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

somehow i doubt a person who thinks pyramid is like the best company is going to have the know how to use a 10" driver to accomplish midbass.

16. pedro quiroga

true....
    have you installed anything in your truck yet?

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I've seen an install from back in the day where there were two 15's for sub bass and four 12 inchers above them for midbass all walled off...looked pretty impressive....must have kicked you pretty hard in the pants

18. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

pedro I got just about everything. Just waiting on my speaker baffles and polyfill to arrive and I need to go up to Sears on thursday to get a jigsaw, some MDF, and some masonite. Prolly another tube of silicone while im there along with some small nuts and bolds along with some wood screws... lol.. So yeah soon my friend very soon. Just getting the last few things.

19. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

On a side note, on Sunday I was stopped by the South Carolina state police right after I bought a new car for my girl. The tag in the back said "tags applied for". So the guy stops me on the Freeway and its pouring rain with super low visability. He asked me why I don't have a plate and im like I just bought the car like 10 minutes ago and I am driving it home. So I give him my bill of sale and title. He is like let me see proof of insurance. So I hand him my insurance card and he is like I don't see this car listed. I am like thats because I just bought it 10 minutes ago. Then he tells me sir you can not drive this car with no insurance and no tag. I am like officer it is Sunday it is impossible to get a tag at the moment and I already called my insurance company to add the car on the policy when I bought and you are welcome to call them and check. He is like I am sorry but you need to pull off at the next exit and call someone to pick you up because you have no tag and no proof of insurance. So I pull off at the next exit.. wait a good 20 minutes.. pull out my old tag from my Lincoln which I did remember to bring with me. Screwed it on there. Drove all the way home without a problem. You know.. what a waste of time.. to stop someone like that.. on a highway.. in the rain.. just to give them a hard time.. I mean what did he expect me to do.. magically have a tag from the DMV and an Insurance card for a car I just freaking bought.. jeez. I hate cops like that. He had to be really snotty too with every remark. I know better than to get froggy with an officer though. Its all yes sir no sir. Next time I wont forget to put my old tag on the new car before i leave the location.

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Was his name Officer Dick??