Which Touch Screen HU?

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by manutdfan7, Apr 16, 2009.

1. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

yah man for sure.... and if you guys have anymore recommendations they would be much appreciated

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

what car do you have?
    can you fit a double din in there?

I did an install on my dad's Vette with a Clarion unit, cant remember the number, but he likes it alot.

3. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

yah man i got a double din slot.....an i got an acura just look at my signature

4. jonnyv713

Oh, my bad. i got my dad's DD from a local shop for i think 400. its top of the line Clarion though. I didnt pick it, i just got him the deal cause he wanted that one. If i were you, i would just get a regular CD/Ipod/MP3 player u know. then maybe get an eq or something to fill in a little space. It will be wayyy higher quality and will have more features, well... minus the screen and DVD. You could get a REAL badazz Pioneer or Alpine for the price of a cheap DD.

5. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

any specific on you would recommend?

6. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

any feed back on the new links i put up?........

7. jonnyv713

the only power acoustik product i would really trust is their amps but idk about their heads.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I don't know about their head units either. I would stick to the more mainstream brands if i were you like: Pioneer and Alpine...

9. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

what do you have in your car?

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'm using the JVC KD-AVX2. I got it cuz it's a single din DVD player. It's pretty good but if i had a choice i would have gone with something better.

11. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

i looked it up...it looks alright but not worth the money you prob paid for it... i would personally wanted a bigger screen...

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i actually got a good deal on on it. I think i paid like $260. I got it on amazon and i noticed it got more expensive after i bought mine.

13. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

my question is when you have your bass up does it affect the screen at all?

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

with really loud strong deep bass your eyes, not the screen are being affected.

15. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

thats very interesting didnt kno dat....
    dude i should just pay you to put a system 2gether for me lol

16. pedro quiroga

give me a budget and system goals.

17. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

budget would be a max of 1200 1300 if there was a real good deal....
    i allready have 6.9s and 6.5s not great but they will do the job for right now....i want as much as bass as i can get prob 2 15s not sure yet i found some 18s online for 280 so maybe that im not sure and i want a touch screen headunit and a powerful amp....
    and i need a good battery

18. pedro quiroga

i'd say scratch the touch screen for now. cause a good one will eat up 2/3's of your budget. unless like a said you get a jensen. i meet a guy with one he got for 400 and its not that bad. you will need an out board eq as it doesnt have one that i know of.
    even better...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JENSEN-UV80...ms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

heres one with sub out too. ipod control is extra,even has a 3 band eq. but you can make a music mega cd with 1500 songs on it on a recordable dvd.

19. pedro quiroga

as far as amps go..you want good power and cheap.

so look into crunch,quantum(have a friend that runs them)

power acoustik,hifonics,soundstream and there are others but i cant think of any.

for subs the quantum ones are cheap and get loud too,as well as audio pipe. i just seen orion has their new cobalt subs too.