Which Touch Screen HU?

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by manutdfan7, Apr 16, 2009.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

none of them. the pioneer is the only one i would consider but its a refurb. also it only has 2 rca outs.

i never heard of the others either. sorry.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yeah, the choice would only be the pioneer but like pedro said, it only has 2 preouts. what will you be using it for? is your heart set on a flip out touch screen?

3. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

not really
    i just think it would be smater because people would be less inclined to steal it because they cant see the screen....
    and i was just going to use it as my main headunit....
    and its nice cause its got a gps and im sh**y wit directions lol

4. pedro quiroga

The legacy is only a monitor.
    if i had to choose one i would do the jensen only cause you can get it locally at walmart and they usually have a good return policy. and its only 298 new.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

If i were you, i would look for a good used one. there are a lot for sale now on forums that are very active will selling...

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

the only one I looked at the eonon one and if remember right, we used to have a link to them on this forum. We still might. If I had extra cash, I would actually try it, but I'm not saying you should. Looks like a good unit but I am also not the most experienced in this field.

7. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

there is like 3 of those eonon ones lol
    which one?

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Pioneer does not refurb its HUs. I would be really careful about buying any refurb, most major manufacturers dont refurb there equipment

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. pedro quiroga

good to know. i wouldnt hesitate buying used but buying a refurb....

i,ve never done it. ide be scared to use it :huh:.

10. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

well if anyone could just give me some ideas on any touch screen.....not just the ones i have posted that would be great....
    i want cheap but good quality if thats at all possible lol

11. pedro quiroga

let me ask you this...does it have to be a touch screen model or just one with a lot of useful features?

like ipod control and sub out ,sat ready...stuff like that?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  12. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

to be totally honest i really want a touch screen.....
    thats just the truth lol
    but i would def be willing to look at anything you or anyone else would recommend

13. pedro quiroga

looks like a anything worth a damn in a 7 inch screen will be around 500 bucks.

same size screen in a mid level brand will be 250~400 bucks and the smaller screens will be around 199~250ish.

wow there are a lot of diff brands ive never heard of too. tough choice indeed.

ok do this. tell us what features you must have and i'll keep looking.

14. primer

primer Full Member

I know you aren't looking to spend a whole bunch of money, but I got a good deal(or at least I think so) on a pioneer avic n-5 hu. I was 750 new in box. Retails around 1,500, so I went for it. It's a great unit and the face folds down , so it's not easy to see. It has plenty of rca outputs as well as a/v inputs and outputs. The place was pacific stereo. They have a website and you can order online or you can call and order. The guy I talked to was Chris. It may be more than you want to spend, but I figured I'd let you know anyway. They may also have other units you may be interested in.

15. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dude no one really nos about the one feature i really want....i want to make it so my ipod touch screen shows right up on my reg 7inch....
    so iv kinda given up on the idea cuz no one nos the answer so i guess i just want something with navigation and any other cool features

16. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

hey man i appreciate the input....i really dont think i could bring myself 2 spend over five on a headunit....
    but i went to the site you recommended and there is some real cool sh**
    i really like this one......tell me what you think
    http://www.pacificstereo.com/shop-by-category/video/2din-video-receivers/kenwood-ddx514.html

17. primer

primer Full Member

I would go with the avic f700bt, but I really like pioneer head units. Not real sure about the jensen units. Kentwood would be my next choice. Good luck, tell us what you get and how you like it.