what do you think of this system?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by psycho_maniac, Feb 22, 2007.

1. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

I only asked that because the wire to the 2nd fuse was too long and hard to bend without the wire coming out of the amp. Anyways i found a small wire and will take pics tomorrow. this time i never used my cap and i barley have any diming and i have stock alt and wires. Would it help if i just did the wires ?

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

It would be a big help if you upgraded to the big 3. You shouldn't have a dimming problems after that.

As far as putting a fuse right before the amp, i don't think that it's needed. you already have a 300A fuse on the power line, that should be sufficient.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

do you mean big 3? yes it helps a lot. especially from the alt to batt. don't skimp on that one.

I'm gonna redo mine from 8 gauge to 4 gauge tomorrow. now that my subs are @ 1 ohm i'm sucking a little more juice than before.

i'll also get around to doing the engine ground. grrr i hate getting dirty.have to crawl under the truck.

means i'll have to wash her too. she's kinda dirty and needs a wax too.

4. psycho_maniac

well your too late i ended up figuring out how to put the fuse in there without cutting wire. i had a shorter 0 guage wire laying around...i will post pics tomorow. its gonna be great. big 3 should be easy cuz my alt is right on top. what kinda terminals do i want? im gonna solder those on cuz those will be perminant but i gotta find somebody to solder for me :( the only problem id have is locating the wires for the big 3

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. psycho_maniac

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/psychoomaniac/05-07-08_1420.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/psychoomaniac/05-07-08_1421.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/psychoomaniac/05-07-08_1422.jpg

kinda messy still. i just installed it and then had to work after. sounds pretty nice. I ended up running the rca and bass boost wires though the opposite side of the jeep. the power wire on the drivers side and the others on the passenger side. Still nice and hidden shows like half inch of wires but my cousin didnt notice it ...i had to show him. if i can find what kinda terminals to use for the big 3 i should be done :)

Oh yeah i also want to show you what i did to the install kit i got. instead of using black tape on the wires splicing them and what not i did one better.
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/psychoomaniac/03-04-08_2104.jpg check out out. its super clean

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  6. pedro quiroga

best buy sells 4 gauge ring terminals for 4 bucks. thats what i used in mine

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Nice setup! Must pound pretty good.

8. psycho_maniac

yeah it is pretty loud. just thought id update the thread. i never got the cross overs but i figured out my deck (eclipse cd7000) has its own crossover and i set that up and now it sounds nice. now i just gotta replace the speakers i blew and it'll sound nice haha. ill probably build a new box as soon as azn builds makes me a picture and build sheet if he would please? thanks. this system has been pretty damaging so far. i broke my rear view mirrior, the screw heads busted and blown speakers. just imagine if i can do down to 35hz....the box i have now is about 38hz i think. I might have my friends uncle build me a box because i think i can get a even bigger box but im not really good on the deminsions if you cant tell in my previous posts in this thread lol oh yeah heres a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YTRfvbNOUU

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  9. pedro quiroga

10. psycho_maniac

well now im at a stand still. my box moves around so much and rattles so much stuff the speaker terminal rattled apart and touched the two ends of the sub....and now my amp blew. 290 for a new one or 340 for the 2008 version. id rather get the 2006 version because its black. i dont like the new
    Hifonics BXi 2008D gray id rather get the Hifonics BXi 2006D also i think i need a smaller fuse i got a 120A maybe like a 60 or 80?

11. pedro quiroga

can you strap it down?
    i did mine and it wont move a bit.

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

use some angle brackets if u can screw into your floor.

13. psycho_maniac

i might i didnt really try thouch didnt think it was that loud of a system till every day i look back the box is crooked and its not from me taking corners fast. what about the fuse? should i go lower or no? also the box is just sitting in my cousins room with the subs hooked up to his sony reciever. and ne noticed the box is actually falling apart. some boards arent holding up like they should. he actually found one ratteling inside and used a screw to temp hold it. i really do need a new box. i used 1/2 in mdf i think im gonna go either 1 in or 3/4 in on my next one.

14. pedro quiroga

the thicker the better. = less flex.

15. psycho_maniac

and now the fuse question? i have 120 should i go lower or just keep it as it is? this amp does not have fuses in the amp itself so i put one before the amp.

16. pedro quiroga

keep it the same. i use a 150 amp fuse for my nine.5 and vulcan.

i am running 100x4 rms in front 50 x2 rms rear fill and 450 rms sub.

900 rms total power @ 12.5v. a little more at 13.5v engine on.