what do you think of this system?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by psycho_maniac, Feb 22, 2007.

1. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

i can take some tomorrow and show you how tight this box really is. i have a capacitor on my sytem :oops: but i will be getting rid of it as soon as i get the other car. so please dont flame me because of that :mellow:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

well im out to kansas city till sunday..peace yall

3. psycho_maniac

azn would it make a difference how the boards are set up? being bored i found a pic of this jeep with some similar like subs and a port in the center would look pretty cool i think: http://www.carupload.com/Public/thu...loads/43/3629/P4010023.JPG&width=400&height=0

Here is the original box you built for me
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/aznboi3644/Dual12L7s.png
    Might not be right away but i will finially be able to use this box. Ive been using one thats tuned to 35-38 hz cuz the hatch in my eclipse was too small. now i got a grand cherokee and that box will fit and ill still have some room i think.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd never fire subs back and port up. I'd either keep the port and subs on same plane or subs up port back.

5. psycho_maniac

no no i think you misunderstood...I want subs back port back but the port in between the subs. to be easier to picture. take the port from the original box and move it in the middle on the same board.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  6. psycho_maniac

so no answer....will the port in the middle of the subs on the same board be just as good as the original box?

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

subs firing back port firing back as well but port in the middle. will be good. it would look better too.

8. psycho_maniac

Yeah I think im gonna do that. and im gonna try to get some black carpet for my new box as the interior for my new vehicle is black Im getting a trailer soon so then i can go get a board to build a box. oh yeah first i have to figure out how the heck to get my rca cables and bass boost knob though my console. Im actualy gonna be able to do the big three in this vehicle since the alternator is easy to get to :) in my previous box i was thinking of some lights inside the box so it comes out the port. that would look kinda cool.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

getting the bass knob through the console shouldn't be that hard. consoles come out pretty easy (just a few screws here and there).

whats the make and the year again of your car? i can find some directions on how to take the console out if you want.

oh! I just hit 1000 posts!!! finally!!!

10. psycho_maniac

i got a 99 jeep grand cherokee. the console is not the problem i figured out how to take that out. its right after the console. the carpet seems to be like bolted to the ground or something. This is the newest vehicle ive had to install a system in which really sucks. I liked it in my eclipse where i could take everything out super easy.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

carpet being bolted to the floor? I used to detail cars and we always took the carpet out. Usually the carpet will have some sort of clip holding it down. you'll find them where the carpet ends, they should be just plastic clips so you reach under the carpet where the clips are and just yank them out.

Just curious, is there some sort of a bracket where from the dash to the floor?

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

My carpet is bolted down

13. psycho_maniac

oh yeah one more question. i would like it so i can quickly remove the box incase i decide to put something else back there. how could i go about doing this so it looks clean and nice. i found some "quick disconnects" at parts express but they dont look very nice

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the ford explorer's carpet is bolted down? really? on my expedition, it's not like that.

Thats weird...

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

quick disconnects for the terminals or for like a bracket fastening the box in place?

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

well yeah the seats are bolted on top of the carpet...so I have to completely gut the interior just to get the carpet out

17. psycho_maniac

for the terminals. I want something like plug and play. I found this but i dont think this is what i really want. female: Parts Express:1/0 AWG Breakaway Power Connector 175A
    Male: Parts Express:1/0 AWG Replacement Contact

or probably something from this page: Search Results Page ?
    I wish i could get something that disconnects directly from the amp maybe if i trim down the wire enough i can do that. I have 1/0 gauge from knukoncepts and its really thick

Also i have to remove the interior to get the carpet out. take the back seats and whole console out. its a nightmare but its worth it to make it look nice and hide everything.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well yeah, of course the seats are bolted down. I thought the seats are already out and the carpet was bolted down.. that didn't make sense to me.

You always have to gut the car to get the carpet out.

19. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i would hate to have to gut my truck again. it sucks a$$.

for my sub i just have twist caps. like for home electrical. its cheap and works fine.(for when the sub is out)

20. psycho_maniac

Alright almost got the whole thing in. just gotta do some wireing and hooking up. Just one question. my amp does not have a fuse in the amp...do i really need one right before the power wire hooks up to the amp or could i go without one? i already have one at the battery. I got a 300A at the battery. Do i need one before the amp? I got the hifonics 2006d