what do you think of this system?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by psycho_maniac, Feb 22, 2007.

1. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

thats werid. when i predrilled the holes that even cracked the wood. must be either where the wood is sitting or im just screwing it up

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I use a drill bit that is about the same diameter as the screw's pole/rod thing...not the threads. Works perfect everytime. Also stay atleast 2 inches away from ends of the wood to prevent splitting also. And space them apart 4-5 inches

3. psycho_maniac

i think the scrap piece i did already had a split on it from my fault so we'll see tomorrow as im gonna build it for sure tomorrow. wont have carpet on though. ill post pics. cuz my phone will finially be turned back on.

4. psycho_maniac

alright got the box together. its pretty awesome. i got the subs facing up but there horizontal to each other. tomorrow im gonna cut the holes for the terminals and then carpet it. ill post pics of the before carpet and after carpet both with my subs in em.

5. psycho_maniac

alright got the box built but it dont fit :(...i have to do some modifying to the hatch and i should make it fit these pics suck but its to prove that i did build it will post better pics tomorrow and maybe a video

also the material i used was ONE CAN of glue and about maybe like 2 yards of carpet but i bought
    FOUR cans of glue and NINE yards of carpet

http://psychomaniac.trybalink.net/Folder/072607_2017[00].jpg
    http://psychomaniac.trybalink.net/Folder/072607_2017[01].jpg

lighting was bad because it was stormy out and this is in a garage.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

not bad...sorry about the wrong carpet dimensions...lol well atleast you have extra for later projects

7. psycho_maniac

yeah THANKS AZN for all the help on the box building. i can probably atleast do 3 or 2 more boxes. will post better pics up tomorrow.

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Good one! That should pound, you will probably need another amp or two lol. Nice job.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

no problem...just install it already!!!

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

looks great! hows it sound?

11. psycho_maniac

sounds really good. the box is VERY TIGHT. it wont budge at all in the hatch lol. but it sounds good. i need to make like a test cd

12. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

13. psycho_maniac

ok i just got one question. what would be the difference between running from 8 and 16 gauge wires on my subs to the coils? i have 12ga right now and ran out. i was wondering if it would hurt to run either 16 or 8 OR 18 gauge to them till i get time to go down and buy more 12 gauge?

14. danracer

danracer Full Member

from where to where do u need the wires?

15. psycho_maniac

from the 1st coil to the 2nd coil

16. danracer

danracer Full Member

i think that if you double the 18 gauge youll have like a 12 gauge

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

12 gauge is the biggest you need

8 gauge would be a waste...16 gauge will even do fine.

18. psycho_maniac

alright well i got some 14 gauge for the time being and it freaking pounds like crazy. a friend of mine is supposed to be picking me up a roll of 12ga tomorrow and then ill replace the free 14ga with the real speaker wire 12ga

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

glad you like it...got any install pics??