Vehicle choices for $5,000

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by cccullen, May 10, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sample and military.. I'm very familiar with the two roads.. I'll let you know what's going to happen. Too bad you won't be able to make the show.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i thought you were in st.pete.

3. pedro quiroga

like tune ups and oil changes? it shouldnt be difficult to maintain

4. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

nah i live in broward county...but my friend moved up there for college, he goes to usf and when i come to tampa, i usually stay at his place

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I used to leave up near St. Pete. Actually in Seminole before. lol... I also lived in Cape Coral and then lastly Coral Springs...

6. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

i would recommend a ford explore or and expedition.....
    there is a lot of them so the parts r usually cheap.... get a 2 wheel drive one so the insurance isnt threw the roof because its much more expensive to fix a 4x4 if you get in a wreck. Im looking to get one for my self as well.... i found a 5 speed version of it for 2g's...... they look sweet and you can fit people and a good amount of subs and sh** in the back........just thought i would throw my 2cents in....

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks for the advice. I would shy away from an expedition cuz i have one now and I don't want to drive the same kinda car but I have been looking a quite a few exploders.

8. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

nice dude how do you like it?
    cause i would like to maybe get one a couple years down the road depending what im doing....

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

It's pretty good. I'm starting to run into problems with it now. Mine has the air suspension and the bags need to be changed. Other than that it's been pretty good for me. Mine is just a 2001 XLT 4x2 4.6L. if you can get the 5.4L. the 4.6L is very slow off the line.

10. pedro quiroga

i would imagine the mpg sucks too having the smaller engine.

it has to work harder to get it moving.

hows the vehicle search going so far?

11. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

right now you definately want to go 'import" I would personally be looking into the hondas mitsubishis etc. Not because there are better vehicles, but if you have a specific only manufacturer can fix problem then if you go with Gm or chrystler then you won't have anybody to fix them.

Approximately 800 or so chrysler gm chevy dealerships are going to be closing down in the us.

some info coming my certified idiot... sorry...mechanic mind/research

lol

12. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

how good is the mpg ?
    and how much is it to insure?

13. pedro quiroga

not good at all. 12-15 ish. i could be wrong, but my cuz has one and it sucks gas.

for your age you may not be able to afford it. how old are you again?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Expeditions get really bad gas mileage. I don't know what i get in terms of miles per gallon cuz we use liters and kilometers in the Philippines. I only get 4 kilometers per liter if i'm lucky... lol

15. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

im 17 will be 18 in oct

16. pedro quiroga

ok then it will be more than you want to pay.

back when i was your age i was paying upwards of 2500 a year:eek:

it was bad.

17. danracer

danracer Full Member

well hope im not too late for the suggestion haha... the 4dr blazer is a great option, you can slam it, you can lift it has nice space, and its loud haha my blazer is 4db louder than the quest with the audiopipe...

18. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Im 17 and mine is 900 a year so I think you may be a bit high, but I do get discounts for grades and stuff.

19. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

mine will prob be around 1200 to 1400 a year which will kill me but i gota do it till im 18 and can get my own insurance

20. danracer

danracer Full Member

ouch!!! is it obligatory to have insurance on the states?? here in puerto rico we dont need insurance like all state or stuff like that, although its better to have it, here we have an "obligatory" insurance that you pay for it every year with the license of the car and its like 200 bucks, but it only covers for about 5k in damages, really POS insurance but better than nothing hehe