Twin Towers BUILD LOG

Discussion in 'Home Audio Talk' started by kryptonitewhite, Mar 1, 2010.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

one thread is the HT and the other is the VAN but once in a while I do the same post cuz I'm working on them simultaniousely and its easier to copy/paste.

2. Z400

Z400 Full Member

How are you going to get that outside?

3. kryptonitewhite

outside? what for? its HT g

4. kryptonitewhite

UM, how am I clipping an EP4000 @ 4ohms with an IB3 18?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmRwYGAGjs

ok ya it does when the gain is set to full, Denon at -12, sub level +12 (full) but the sub should bottom/die well before I reach clipping! EP4000 all switches left except 3 6 and 7. BTW, notice the low note doesn't clip and I get awesome excursion..sounds good... impedance helped.

5. kryptonitewhite

here's another clipping vid.. gain starts off at 26.. yet on star trek, the sub bottoms at 14. I guess LFE with DVD/Blu-Rey is much much hotter. I've spent the night watching and adjusting with remotes in hand. During movies the sub can be inactive for so long, so weak most of the time, then.... ya. So for movies the amp is overkill as expected... even with the gain way down it over drives the sub. But then with music it can't really push it.

YouTube - CIMG0252.AVI

6. Z400

Z400 Full Member

Oh.

Im confused.

I thought you were putting that in the van.

7. kryptonitewhite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK Ricci, I get it now.. increased airspace increases low end output...not high end...on a sloping scale. So building super large requiring less power overall decreses high bass

output. So what if a gentle slope of 1dB/oct HP was used up high say around 30Hz to allow more power applied?

So we all knew it was a matter of time..just didnt expect an hour. The amp clipped bad probably due to bad house electrical, on music. I had to set the gain to 26 for decent

output for music any more and it clipped. But on movies even way down at 14 it bottomed the sub hard. So ya. I did it. I broke it already. alright? So anyway...tried to kill it

by blasting it at tuning... forgot I retuned to 11Hz so the 1st attempts were at 17Hz then last at 11Hz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYnHD9N3LlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Z3-hR4c70

8. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Oh okay makes sense
    and wow that's a huge box ha

9. kryptonitewhite

and there's gonna be 2!

10. kryptonitewhite

so I got the best girl in the world.. i have 3 gal friends, but 2 have been fallin back on their word.. was supposed to get some help painting and picking blinds..but ya know, i

don't care about looks one bit...I care about the builds. This girl been getting her butt kicked helping unload wood and building. I had her cut the cone out for the recone, and

she said "shouish!" I'm a selfish pos.. :( she sliced/stabber herself right after I said it and blood squirted everywhere. The cut was deep...but she was a trooper. She refused

the hospital but i made her. No stitches, it was a big clean cut so it went back together nicely...put a strip on and sent us home. I owe this girl my life she done so much for

me.

So we get home and she picks the knife back u and says "now what?" so we finished cutting the cone off and went to bed :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. kryptonitewhite

[​IMG]

1 complete less a port brace... and onto #2...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kryptonitewhite

[​IMG]

Anyone want to guess what that other cut out line is for?

[​IMG]

13. Z400

Z400 Full Member

Im till confused as to why the hell your doing this.

14. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

what the hell? these are huge. where are you gonna put em?

15. kryptonitewhite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]