Tbinking of this one

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by TheViking, Jun 9, 2006.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Need a new HU for the car, the 12 year old Blaujunk is finally puked out.

Had many Clarion's and Alpines years ago, always fvored the Clarions though, but thar was years ago.

Thinkin bout this one here.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/produc.../DB365USB/us-en-product-pf_1134643389085.html

Has all the features i want, and a simple design that i like. Dont want or need any motorized face or BS like that to break and fail after a few years.

Anyone had good luck with the Clarion's of today? Or bad luck?

2. TheViking

OK, no replies!!!!!! must be a good one then since no one is badmouthing them!

3. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

IDK... give em time..

I was considering the dxz755mp a while back and asked how well clarion was liked/trusted, and got nothing that clarion would like to hear

My fellow audio junkies steered me to the eclipse line, and although it was more expensive than I was wanting to shell out, I gotta say that I couldn't be happier with thier advice, and my taking it. I have the cd8445, and it's a wonderful head unit, and keeps impressing me. Lots of features, tons of control from the deck, very powerful unit, and 8v preouts, not much on graphics, but who can watch a movie clip when your head's rattling, and you're trying to concentrate on the road.

Give the eclipses a look.. you won't be sorry

4. TheViking

thanks for the info.

I used to work for a dealer that sold eclipse, (made byfujistu 10, a company that made LOTS of stock head units for rice burners).

Didnt even know they were still around really. I remember them being a classy unit at the time, a little pricey and OK performance. I will look into them, assuming I can get them locally. I still have a 1993 or 4, Eclipse EQS 1000 digital signal processor! Sold for 1000 bucks back in its day, and I believe the sarn thing still works fine, of course havent fired it up in over 8 years, so who knows.....thanks

5. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

I cannot say enough wonderful things about mine.. I love it, and really glad that I spent the extra money on it.., and it wasn't really that much more than the clarion that I was considering.