subwoofer box, divider or no divider?

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by guitarfreak235, Dec 17, 2011.

1. deepbass

deepbass Full Member

i dont know if two 2" ports would have same effect as say one 4" port as far as tuning goes, but someone else will know better

2. kcox669live

kcox669live Full Member

Cutting holes in the divider to make 1 air space instead of 2 has nothing to do with tuning or the tuning port!!!

It would probably be best to cut as much out as possible though.

3. deepbass

deepbass Full Member

double post....

4. deepbass

deepbass Full Member

thats not what i replied to, he asked if 2 ports (not internal) would be the same as 1 port

and drilling the divider to make one air space does effect tuning, because it effects the way the subs sound and play

5. kcox669live

kcox669live Full Member

When we talk about "tuning an enclosure", we are talking about box volume, port length and a certain frequency, not weather or not you have 2 air spaces or 1 for 2 subs.

It seems like this thread keeps getting confused about that, sorry if I'm wrong.

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Yes it does, box size effects tuning, in fact it effects tuning more than the port tuning does. A larger box will always produce lower frequencies than a smaller box. Have you ever wondered why those enclosures at rock concerts are so large.

Right, because the enclosure size has changed

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012