Subs just don't sound "right," help please?!

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by clysports, Feb 14, 2012.

1. clysports

clysports New Member

Hey guys, I'm new here and pretty much joined for this one problem but I will stick around if it gets solved

Anyways, what's happening is my subs just don't sound right. It is hard to describe, but it sounds too much like hitting a drum, where I want low rolls instead.

I haven't always had this problem, a couple months ago when I first got the set up they sounded great and loud, Perfect. However, the amplifier stopped working correctly so I sent it in and they fixed it and its back. Upon hooking everything back up, the problem began.

I have a 2200w Boss Audio Amp, model CE2200M to be exact. Two Type R's, 12 inches, and 4 ohms. The wiring is Install Bay AK02, 1/0 gauge.

When I watch the subs play, it appears that the sub on the left is playing at the opposite time of the sub on the right, and they are cancelling each other out. I have no idea if that is true, but it appears to be this way.

HU is a Kenwood, can't remember exact model, but I know I am using the RCA red and white as the input for the Amp.

Also its a ported enclosure, and I have a Jeep Wrangler if that means anything. (no rear seat, or else they wouldn't fit!)

Thanks in advance for the help! I can provide any more info you guys need.

2. kcox669live

kcox669live Full Member

Did you wire the subs out of phase?