Sealed Box Tuned to 37Hz

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by mrhonnesty99, Dec 30, 2010.

1. mrhonnesty99

mrhonnesty99 New Member

I got a quick question i have a software (BassBox Pro) to build enclosures based on the measument that i have set, i am tuned to 37hz my question is does this include the displacement of the sub meaning once i put the sub of the box it will no longer be 37Hz? any help is better than none here is a picture and does it matter if i place the speaker on the center, top or sides.

ps: my sub is a kicker 15 L7

[​IMG]

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Speakers take up a minimum of space. Sealed enclosures are very forgiving about minor changes in size. And the woofer will take up at most a minimum amount of volume, so don't worry about it

And the F3 point is not what its tuned to, its the beginning of roll off. In other words, its the lower end of what the box and woofer can do effectively.

To find the tuning look at the graph. Where is it peaking the highest, thats the tuning frequency. Because your Qtc is around .774, I'm gonna guess that the response curve is pretty flat. For a little better performance, make the box smaller, set your Qtc a little higher. In no case go higher than .900.

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

what Ranger said......

A total Q factor higher than .7 will give you the bass you probably want.....

4. mrhonnesty99

mrhonnesty99 New Member

Software is Nutz

So i ran the software again same input and i ended up with diff result wtf?
    here is my graph it will be a real shame to trash the box, i did not notice any one had posted a reply and ended up building the box and got it carpeted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The graph we want to look at is the "Normalized Amplified Response" and looking at the graph we can determine what its tuned too.

All we want to look at is the peak, this enclosure is tuned between 50 - 60 Hz. Perfect, because this box performs super well between 40 and 80 Hz. The F3 point looks like its around 30 Hz. This box will perform very well.

One other thing, Keep you Qtc under 1.0. Better yet keep it around 0.9. Make sure that you click accept before moving to your next screen. The only way to end up with a different output is by changing the specs.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011