Sandt Dual Brahma Set up Discussion

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Dual Brahma 12" :jawdrop:

Planning on chaining the trunk lid down? :D :lol:

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hehehe... Actually, I am going to fire them into the cabin, use plexi backs to show the motors, and seal the trunk off from the cabin... Almost a sealed IB setup if you will :p . Trunk flex should not be an issue, but door hinge failure may :D

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Haha, yea, if you went ported with dual b12's i'd be convinced you were outta your damn mind. That sounds like a pretty sweet setup man. Those DEI amps are pretty nice, i was really impressed with the DEI 600D i ran on the IDQ's.

Let it be known now that i will not set foot in that car once you get dual b12's in it.

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Nada... Dual sealed Brahmas. Still not going to sit in the Nat? :(

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Ack, had me scared that I was going crazy for a moment Mike :D

Shouldnt have gone off topic. Sorry it wont happen again. :unsure: :D

Anyways. Wont you be needing to upgrade your electrical system again Sandt? I would also like to see how you handle dressing up the back with the rear seat gone. I've wanted to put my sub facing in towards the cabin for a while but didnt want it to look like shit. Cutting up the factory bracing scares me too... :blush:

6. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

I wont go near that sumbitch once you get dual b12's! As a matter of fact, i might not continue being your friend. We'll see though. Its gonna be stupid loud though. I'm tryin to find your point in getting them Mr. SQ Man.

Sitting in your car with dual B-12's would be like this-----> :blowup:

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Nada... Dual sealed Brahmas. Still not going to sit in the Nat? :( [/b][/quote]
    Nope, i value what hearing i do have left :).

8. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

You're gonna seal them?

If I had those, I'd go all out and port em...........

Jeff

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Eh... 1 ported is mad loud. I like the Brahma ported, don't get me wrong, but I am a sealed guy at heart. I just like the output, and reactions I get, from the single ported. But now, it is all about me. I want the same power overall, and twice the woofer. Go big sealed, for extension, and perfect transients. With the 2 in there it will be killer loud to boot... I think if I ran 2 ported I may be looking for a good body man to remove the new bulges in the body panels :lol:

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

:lol: I think a woman would do a better job at removing new buldges :yes: :p

11. systempimp_1500

Eh... 1 ported is mad loud. I like the Brahma ported, don't get me wrong, but I am a sealed guy at heart. I just like the output, and reactions I get, from the single ported. But now, it is all about me. I want the same power overall, and twice the woofer. Go big sealed, for extension, and perfect transients. With the 2 in there it will be killer loud to boot... I think if I ran 2 ported I may be looking for a good body man to remove the new bulges in the body panels :lol: [/b][/quote]
    you're no fun :no:

Is it really all that loud right now?

You know what Steve told me.......?

He said......he said..."Jeff......Kodas suck......." :blink:

Jeff

Jeff

12. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Hello all :bye:

Looks like I've missed a LOT around here lately. I like the new look much better though.

So what is this I hear about the 2 B12s? Describe this large sealed/IB enclosure....And your not going with more power? Are you 'skered'? :boxing:

You gotta let me know when/if ever you make your way near New Orleans. So I can check out the Kodas in a proper insatll ;) (Steve). And see what the B12s can do....Also, so I can show you what a real stereo is. ;)

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Askered? Yes actually. I have heard the single and know what it is all about :blowup:

Large sealed IB, well, it is going to be big for the Brahmas (1.2 to 1.4 feet per) but not a real IB install. I will seal the trunk from the cabin, and allow the sound to enter only the cabin and not the trunk. They will face forward, with plexi windows displaying the motors (similar to MMat's Lincoln JL Audio Install). I want to optimise the passenger compartment output and yet eliminate trunk rattle.

If I do head South, I will let you know. I would really like to hear your system, and show you how much better you could have done for so much less money :lol: ... I did alot of work to get the Nat set up right... I think Cort will let you know how surprised he was the last time he sat in my car...

14. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Good to hear you gettin done right.

Im still 'working' on getting mine in. I was hoping it woul dbe in now, but that is not happening at all! SO depending on how the funds look aroudn christmass, I may be able to have it in by then. If I can do it then I will have about 2 to 3 weeks to be able to work on it and do it all at once. Really I only need a few hundred to get it in. :mellow:

15. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

bah... sealed brahmas?? comeon, you're getting weak on me sandt.... :D

ill post pics when/if i get mine setup.....

ill just toss out that it has 9kw+ and four coils............. :D

:gunsmilie:

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Sup Regal? I haven't seen you around here for quite a while <_<

Not weak but, I guess old is a better way of putting it. First gout, now sensative ears :lol: .

I don't want to suffer so much loss of space really. I had considered small ported (1.5 per and ~ a 24Hz tune) but the port length will really shift the visual asthetics of the install. Plus... I don't know if I could handle 2 of these ported daily...

For SPL, keep your eyes open and your ears covered... The SPL Camino should be laying down 150s at 30Hz or so... I am looking for the loss of bowel controll which is why I am opting for the low tune, but I will keep a pure SPL port handy as well ;) .

17. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I believe that's blasphemy. :bash:

18. systempimp_1500

I believe that's blasphemy. :bash: [/b][/quote]
    I never said Steve(n) ___________, Mr. Guilty Conscience :huh: <_<

Ohhhh......BUUUURRRNNNNN!!!!!! :boxing: :blowup:

Jeff

19. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I never said Steve(n) ___________, Mr. Guilty Conscience :huh: <_<

Ohhhh......BUUUURRRNNNNN!!!!!! :boxing: :blowup:

Jeff [/b][/quote]
    No, the Koda sucks comment was blasphemy. I knew you weren't talking about me. :crutch:

20. systempimp_1500

No, the Koda sucks comment was blasphemy. I knew you weren't talking about me. :crutch: [/b][/quote]
    hehe........

How come you're never on aim anymore?

You hate me :unsure:

Jeff