Restoring the Ranger!

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by DaveDSMer, Feb 11, 2007.

1. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

speaking of ranger's my buddy has one that we slammed on the ground and supercharged it
    ranger 3.jpg

ranger4.jpg
    that is my Fiance on the right
    and my buds girl on left

ranger 5.jpg

rngr.jpg

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd do the hell outta the chick on the right^^^^^^

Got any pics of whats under her hood??

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Kind of looks like my ranger when i had 3200 lbs of scrap metal in the bed of it!

Oh, and for the 2 chicks, I want to see them do naughty things with each other!!!!

4. DREAMZmustang

alright your talking about my fiance and her friend
    there is a pic under the hood azn

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

which one is which dream so we know which one to hit on when we come to the wedding.

on a side note, I am getting my ranger back from the paint shop today so will have pics posted tonight.

6. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

when is the wedding and where lol. we need to map quest it

7. DREAMZmustang

oh man you guyz would crash it, it's another 3 years prob. i just asked her last week, oh and the one on the right...
    what color on the ranger???

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Just noticed that truck has a Duralast Gold...same battery as me baby haha..yes

Also Dreamz "under her hood" meant your fiance's milk jugs lol

9. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Ok update on the Ranger.

Just got her back from the painters and this is how she looks. Had them do the stock color with a black pinstripe. Turned out real nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I got the tool box in. Pretty easy job other than the fact that all the sizes of bits and tools they say to use are wrong. Fits in real secure though.

[​IMG]

Then I did the net in the back. That one was tough. Drilling through the sides of the bed took a lot of force. Sucks is I broke my bit on the last bracket so I just secured it to the old tailgate ball on the bottom left. Good news is I just bought those bits so i can go take it back and exchange it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and this is me going WTF after I adjust the driver mirror and it snaps off... yeah im holding it in my hand going WTF. So it looks like its time to install new mirrors lol.

[​IMG]

I still need to install my new center caps. Then I am going to paint those metal fender trims with my bed liner prolly on Tuesday along with the front grill if I have enough time.

Also on the list is going to be a new rear section of exhaust and that should be it.

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

looks nice.good job dude

11. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

of course its not all custom like DreamZ's buddy's car up top there but then again.. I really dislike dropped trucks. I will raise a truck way before dropping it.

The 2.3t engine swap though is really getting to me. I am going to research further into it.

12. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i looked into raising mine 3 1/2 inches.it wpould cost 1500 .though thats with labor.ouch!!.i have the money.....but i dont need that.not right now.maybe next tax season.:lol:

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice going Dave...haha thats funny that your mirror snapped off.

Also the black netting instead of the tail gait improves gas mileage...better mileage with the netting than tailgait up, tailgate down, no tail gait at all

Watch your Mythbusters man

14. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yeah in that picture im looking at the bottom of the mirror going.. i wonder if i can silicone this back on... lol..

15. DREAMZmustang

Damn, that came out nice, looks like the original paint and maybe a nice set of wheels too would make that truck really nice, like the mustang cobra wheels

16. DREAMZmustang

yeah i would too, i have an F-250 with 17" American Racing Teflon wheels with a 8" lift and mickey thompson 38"s

17. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well i got some new mirrors on there today and some nice chrome centercaps for the wheels. I will post pics this weekend. Too dark right now to post.

18. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

wow this little truck is looking very nice so far. New rims would make the truck look a lot better. Is this a manual? 4wd? What happened to your Lincoln?

19. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yeah its a stick 2wd , lincoln is gone! sold it lol. Just got done painting the front grill with the bedliner. Next if I have time sunday I will try to do the bumpers and fender trim with the same stuff to match it.

20. DREAMZmustang

well whats goin on with this thing