"the anti-drug" commercails

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by The_Ancient, May 1, 2002.

1. networkguy

networkguy Full Member

Michael,

In legalizing any substance, we must consider everyone. Not just you, your relatives, or other people intelligent enough to understand the concept of moderation. Children must be considered. Do we really need our children "Getting into mom's weed again"? Point is marijuana legalization is non-sensical at best. If we are unable to control the problems with substances already legal, and available for consumption, why would we allow more substances to enter the wild? Simply because you possess a childish hang-up about the government telling you what to do is no reason to impose your views on anyone else. I am not going to say the "War" against drugs is the most efficient campaign, but it is working. Drug use is decreasing. People need to be protected from themselves. I'm sorry, but it's true. This is why, as humans we elect leaders. The average person must have rules and regulations imposed on them.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

the "war" on drugs is working:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

ANYONE ANYWHERE can get weed now, but you never know the what else is in that bag

if say cultavation were legal they your could grow your OWN and KNOW what was in it

As for the "kids" getting it,

The "kids" can already get it, I dont see your pointt with that, :confused:

But would your rather have you kids get "clean" weed or weed laced with other drugs???

if a kid wants to smoke it he/she will there is NOTHING your going to do about it

the "war" on weed will NEVER NEVER NEVER be effective

Why put people in jail because they want to smoke a joint

And WTF are you talking about with a childish hang up, are you that ignorant?

3. networkguy

networkguy Full Member

<shaking head> There isn't a point to continuing this. You're a sad little man set in your ways. Apparently you know better than everyone else. Why not run for office?

4. networkguy

networkguy Full Member

Here in Michael's country the only rule is... there are no rules! Since people are just going to do whatever it is they're going to do, why not make everything legal? I mean, hell, we've legalized everything else, why not commission laboratories to make all kinds of super-addictive, hallucinogens? Here in Michael's country, drugs are the main tax grab so the more people we can get addicted the better! What's that? You're a recovering alcohlic? Well, my man, have I got some booze for you! You want to kill your ex-wife? Well, since you're going to do it anyway, we might as well give you a quick and effective weapon since you may consider doing it in a slow way. Better we give you something quick and effective than the ignorant and barbaric way you were thinking of performing it! Actually... We could make this whole thing better! Come and attend Comrade Michael's "How to kill better" seminar! Since you're going to do whatever it is you do anyway, do it the right way!

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Now your just being STUPID:rolleyes:

6. networkguy

networkguy Full Member

And no... most children cannot "dig into mom's stash" and smoke marijuana. My God man, where does it stop? Hash? Heroin? Cocaine? MDMA? LSD? When does the "Since people are going to get <illicit drug name here> anyway, we might as well legalize it" end? I get so upset with harlequins like you thinking everyone is like them. Point is; this is why clowns like you never reach a governmental position where they are able to make policies.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Your a sad IGNORANT man that can not logically weigh the postitives and negitives on a situation,

the positives FAR out weigh the negitives on this subject

8. networkguy

networkguy Full Member

I'm very thankful that most people like you are happy sitting in their little holes at home. Thankfully most people are not like you. The world would be a very sad, small place.

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

There are more people that think weed should be legal then you think

I just debated the topic with my father (never smoked ) only heard the BS the goverment puts out, atfer showing him my SCEINTIFIC data, and other items he now agrees that NO PERSON should go to jail for the use/possession of weed and infact should be legalized

The other drugs are a hell of alot more dangerous then weed is,

Do you know ANY facts on weed, ever read ANY of the studies??

and your right nmost children dont need to get it from the parents it is sold in EVERY school in america,

10. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Networkguy, We are only talking about legalizing marijuana, which in my personal opinion has far fewer consequences than alcochol.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

11. alaska

alaska Full Member

networkguy...just curious, when was the last time you saw UNDERAGE kids DRINKING ALCOHOL?!?!!? shit, i see it all the time and it's legal but ILLEGAL for underage people to possess/drink. it's not stopping them from drinking...but at least since it's legal and regulated the chances of getting crappy quality alcohol (or something else) are minimal.

That's the point we're tryin to make about weed...since it's illegal ANYONE of ANY age can get it, the quality of it varies widely, and as for it being laced...sure it happens, but not very often (read; rarely) because to lace it with something is only costing the dealer MORE money to add something to another substance he paid for. Not really good economics...

the fact that weed is illegal isn't doing a DAMN bit to deter people from using it...all it is doing is putting nonviolent USERS in jail who are doing nothing more (usually...as with ANYTHING there are some exceptions. look at alcohol and bars...cops sit outside across the street and KNOW people are drunk and still let em drive...and they still preach about "don't drink and drive". how many accidents that you know of were caused by marijuana ALONE and ACTIVE in the sytem at the time of the incident? MUCH much fewer (and piss testing and finding a positive for weed and contributing that to the accident is BS. they coulda smoked 4-5 days before that...and hence not under the influence but still testing positive)...i'm not advocating smoking and driving, but i would much rather be on a road full of potheads than drunks cuz at least the potheads slow down and don't thikn they're Andretti with a Formula race car and get pissed off at nothing.

look at this logically...i used to think alot like you until i started researching it and looking at the data myself. I'm not putting you down, please understand that, i'm just saying i don't believe that you are being open minded or logical about this.

Pretty much everything you've said so far the SAME thing could be said about alcohol or cigarettes (which are MUCH more dangerous...they'd be even more dangerous if they were illegal *shudder*)...

harlequins like us never make it to political office...yeah, because the general public is so misinformed and close-minded that we don't stand a chance, especially when the Repub. and Dem. parties have millions of dollars to back them.

and no, not everyone thinks like us, but WHEN did we say that since something is legalized YOU HAVE TO TRY IT??!?! i didn't see that anywhere....so please allow us the choice to ingest whatever we want in a RESPONSIBLE manner. No one is advocating abuse....

alcoholism is seen as a medical disease, but the same addictions with drugs is seen as a criminal matter. Kind of hypocritical eh?

12. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Full Member

whatever, legal or not ... ill be smoking

i dont mind it being illegal so much because i can have someone drive to my house, drop it off and i'll smoke all night and never have to leave.

13. alaska

alaska Full Member

well...that's all fine and good til that person gets nailed and the true test of if he's a bitch or not comes to light.

he may deliver something for the cops and then BAM BAM BAM! police! open up! we have a warrant! :(

that's how my friend got nailed...one of his "friends" got in trouble and instead of taking it like a man he decided to help the cops out by coming and buying some weed (kind bud, not brick weed crap...we hadn't seen brick weed in almost two years :) ) in supposedly marked bills. Soon after he left with his sack the cops showed up and the rest is history. they didn't find what they were hoping was there (pounds of the stuff...he had a quarter ounce lol) so without making a long story they arrested him (and me after i walked in in the middle of it to use the microwave before driving 20 miles home) and didn't set his bail that friday so he had to stay in jail for about 4 days hoping he would talk (which he didn't).

the police report had some bogus stuff in it and when he went to court the felonies (possession with intent to distribute *yah, that 1/4 ounce is enough for distribution, even in a single baggy lol*, they dropped the paraphernilia charge, they had him on monies derived due to $200 they found next to the sack which honestly was for bills, just a bad place to keep it) they reduced to some misdemeanors. he's gotta pay some fines and stuff and it's off his record unless he messes up again (like me...but i had to go thru a program cuz i had 1 gram of weed on me and probation, he has no probation hehe).

anyway...don't think just cuz you sit at home that you're safe...

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

did they have a warrant?

I will not even open the door to a cop and I have NOTHING illegal, I dont consent to searchs of my car and I have NOTHING illegal,

I am tired of being harrassed by low life cops that think they are better than everyone, I am on personal mission to embarass as many of them as I can, but that is when I have the money to fight them in court, and when I do fight them I seldom lose, but I have a good lawyer:p

15. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

seems like crime &amp; economics

thrive on each other! Which came first, weed ? a dealer?
    or a user?
    My parents are in law enforcement, & I smoke.hehe
    but they chose law jobs cause of job security , & a decent wage! Almost like life no good without the bad!:nono:

16. zabooza

zabooza Full Member

Re: seems like crime &amp; economics

obviously if dealers and users came around, weed would have been here first, right?

17. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

Re: Re: seems like crime &amp; economics

:dunno:like which came first, the chicken or the egg.lol