Orion XTR 9002

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by electrolytic, Feb 27, 2007.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

100 watts from a head does not sound realistic.to me anyways.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

some high end head units can push 25 watts rms...clean power anyways

Panasonic has some kind of t-amp technology they incorporate into their head units and have more power than some 4 channel amps

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

As an alternitive to getting a second amp for your highs....use your new amp to run it ALL....

Subs run mono on the amp, and the highs run in stereo on the amp....using all passive x-overs....Let me tell ya, you have a serious amp. It can EASILY run your entire system and get loud and sound great doing it.

just some food for thought.

4. TheViking

Hey electro, what kind of car did you say this was going in?????

5. pedro quiroga

yeah viking has a good idea there.i was thinking of getting a PG passive xover for my moms ride.has stereo inputs and 5 outs.front L,R,CENTER AND MONO REAR FILL AND MONO SUB OUT.

would use the M50 i took out of the truck.

in one of my old mags i read that a 225 HCCA had 25 speakers hooked to it. thats right 25.

6. pedro quiroga

well i just placed a bid for the xover just to have it.

i like to collect things..:mellow:

i would be useing the factory head.whats the model number for that PAC adaptor to run rca's to the amp.?
    also who has a good deal on it?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Lol i like to collect things too....like subs and speakers and stuff...just to have it in case someone wants it

I really wanna try a tri-mode setup.

8. pedro quiroga

the xover is a 5 way.should really wake up the factory speakers.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

It's going in a 96 ford taurus, if i could run everything off of the one amp that would be great, i really don't want another amp and have to wire it and all that crap and put more load on my electrical system. Can you put a link of what i need to do this. Thanks!

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

ever thought about checking out Mach-5 audio. They are a canadian based subwoofer maker.

here is a vid of a 40htz sweep with the MAW-12 . its a 65 dollar sub that has some very good reviews. Takes 350 watts rms so just run like a bunch of em lol.

http://www3.telus.net/fixxer/maw12ex.avi

vid is using just a home reciever in a room - so like maybe 50 watts going to it? crossed over at 60 htz

11. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

or you could run MAW-15's they are 500 watt rms each and run a whole 80 bucks

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Hey azn, be carefull if you try tri-mode, ive read many amp manuals that say damage will occur if it's not done exactly right.

13. TheViking

I really dont have a link to put up to explain this, other than...this http://www.caraudiotalk.com/audio-forum/showthread.php?t=3758

That will give you the basics...and I among others can help guide you from there. Once you get the amp, a few terminal strips, some caps, coils and resistors, and maybe a few light bulbs, and you will be on your way to a system that can do some exceptional SQ and still crank.

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I'll probably stick with the orion sub because i want to take advantage of the amps IntelliQ whatever that is lol but they say it's made to maximize output of orion subs. Do you have a link for that canadian site dave? it will be usefull for the future.

15. TheViking

The big problem with tri mode is that some folks dont understand how to effectively use passive x-overs, this leads to impedances that are well below the amps limits.

I currently have my Orion 275 SX running one 12 inch sub, and a set of components in the front and a set of coaxes in the rear. Has worked and sounded awesome for months now.

Its all in how ya do it. It aint magic and it aint terribly hard.

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Sweet, i am after SQ that pounding can get irritating.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

only bad thing about Mach 5 Audio is the shipping would like like 80 bucks.

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey, if you guys have some online dealers of car audio in canada please post the links for me:)

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I read the sticky on passive crossovers and do understand it. Doing it this way i won't be able to use the sub out rcas from my deck so i will lose the subwoofer boost control on my deck which i love having it there because all my audio is at different levels of recordings and quality. Also if a tweeter blows then the amp will burn because it sees a short. Maybe there is a way to protect the amp from that but i'm not sure now which way to do this. Maybe i will get a small amp for the front because the factory speakers are being pushed to their max now with the pionneer deck power whatever it is pushing, it is rated at 200 watts Mosfet 50x4 but who knows what it's really pushing. They are just before the point of popping now so the possibility of frying speakers is good if i boost them any more.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  20. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

not for him though azn he is in canada so shipping would be minimal.. everyone here in the states complains about it though cause they have to ship through customs and so forth to get to us.

The site is http://www.mach5audio.com/index.html the site is pretty basic but they really dont make a whole lot of money from what i hear as they claim to be a not for profit? Dunno..