Orion HCCA 2100 Competition Amplifier

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, Apr 5, 2007.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol make that two questions. How much amperage will this pull from my car, because i need to buy some fuses for the power line before and after the pac 200 relay. I want to get the proper size fuses. 100 amp? 120? 160

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

For the relay, 150 amp should work fine.....for the amp, use 30 amps...period. If they blow, its to protect the power supply of the amp from excessive current draw. Remember, these amps will go balls out with no care for there self preservation it you let them! (Yes, i have put 80 amp fuses in them, with no speaker fuses, and run them up to about 17 volts of input voltage and tons of current, and they will do some serious output.....FOR COMPETITION ONLY THOUGH!!!!!!! They DO NOT last long when this is done!!!!! )

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Hell if he knows how to rebuild em than go balls out

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, ok thanks a lot. No i can't rebuild them, wish i could! I will treat her well.. It's like breaking into a candy store but you have a toothache so you can only eat a little lol.

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I would have chosen a different driver but build a bad ass enclosure and you'll be ****in your pants

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha yes!!! I like those words of encouragement! I know the driver is questionable, but i have been searching, and for something with that kind of power new it is very expensive and i wanted to keep this system as simple as possible. This was on ebay as new so i grabbed it. Should i go as big as possible? Like 10 cubic feet? or is that overkill for this. I don't see the output changing much on different size boxes.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

if the output doesn't change very much than the sub is more "suited" to a sealed box but will still work in a ported box...if the output doesn't change much than just go with a size that will work well with the port area you want and tuning

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok, maybe i have something wrong, the slider thing at the top of the program is indicating it is best for vented, the slider is all the way over. I changed my mind about the leds, i would have to take the board right out to solder it and it doesn't look like it's ever been touched so i'm not going to mess with it. Other than the scratches on the bottom of the amp the insides are like mint! lol and it doesn't smell toasty at all. Not even a hint of toastyness lol....Oh and it did have two 60 amp fuses in it.

Attached Files:

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

10. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha, look at all the nice fat juicy capacitors, this thing looks insane.

12. TheViking

Looks just like I rember them!!!

Kick ass power and kick ass sound

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

uber sexy boards

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok.......I got it!! How's this look? 6.6 cubic feet with two 6 inch round ports tuned to 36 hz with 3/4 full of fill to smoothen it out!!

Attached Files:

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

3/4ths full of what???

Polyfill?? a properly designed box does not need any polyfill...only if your box is a LITTLE bit too small

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

well... bassbox pro has options for different amounts of polyfill and when i put none the graph gets really peaky, the green line is with 3/4 polyfill and the red line is with none. It hits quite a few more decibles but it's peaky? I may not know what i'm saying here lol, trying my best to advance and learn.

Attached Files:

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I see what your saying...basically you are making the box bigger and changing the tuning frequency

18. TheViking

The curve with the green line doesnt look too bad really.

What kind of car were you putting this into electro? refresh my memory...

That will help determine what kind of curve you want, along with your musical taste.

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

It's a 96 taurus, the car is very well sealed inside and the back seats fold down. I like Heavy Metal mostly lol and some rap like eminem, and some techno? lol Nine inch nails mostly.

Attached Files:

20. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hey let me know what box you end up with.i have a friend at work that cant decide what to get.