Orion HCCA 2100 Competition Amplifier

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, Apr 5, 2007.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

If I was running those subs (4 of them) i would run the amp at 1 ohm per channel in summed mono (just push in the mono switch)

Just parallel all 4 voice coils on each side, that will be 1 ohm per channel, and kick some assss!!!!!!! One ohm per channel is the same as 2 ohm mono in output, and you will have a slightly better dampning factor (amps control over the woofers moveemnt)

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

i only have 38" across total without the box thickness so 4 10's wouldn't fit, i could do 3 12's though, is the load ok?..would be 1.333 final load, or i should just stick to 2 ohms final load.

Attached Files:

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

i guess i could stagger them would save just enough room lol.

Attached Files:

4. TheViking

3 4 ohm drivers in parallel can be done...but for a daily driver...I DONT recommend it!!!!!!!! Remember...this amp will give its all till it blows up!!!!!! ( a good thing for SQ ) ( a bad thing for those that cant remember the limits of the volume knob!!!!!!! and its EASY to forget!!!!! )

Stick to a simple 1 ohm load.....The difference between 1 ohm and 2 ohm and half an ohm are very little......Go with the design you had on your second pic, with the staggerd woofers!!!! 4 ten inchers will ROCK hard!!!!

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha, ok, i think i like that idea! 4 mtx mxs1004's coming up lol. I can get 4 of those pretty quickly or maybe the 12's. They are 400watts rms each so it should be perfect.

6. TheViking

dont know much bout the MTX jobs, but those Soundstreams will do ya well......

Not tryin to be an A - hole......but please do as i reccomend.......DONT load that amp less than 1 ohm in ANY configuration, and be sure our electricla sytem is right. AND respect that amp!!!

They wil last a lifetime with proper care!

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok, i won't, was just making sure what wattage i'm looking at. I would try the sounstreams but it's the shipping and border duties bullcrap that has turned me off ordering from the states. So i need 4 woofers to handle about 1000 - 1200 watts rms to be comfortable with this amp? yes? lol sorry for all the questions, i'm getting tired of frying stuff. It was fun in the beginning...

8. TheViking

EVEN with the BS shipping, i woudl think those woofers would be your best bet...maybe not....

Not being a canadian myself, i dont know all the BS that has to be dealt with......(yuo arent a "french" canadian phucktard are you ? )( I HATE the french!!!! )

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Parlez vous? haha no i'm not french

10. TheViking

Speaking french on here will get you banned!!!

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hmmm.. how would you say Viking's name in FRENCH haha

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i had a french customer at my shop the other day. What a phucking retard! He was sooo full of himself! I held back but all i could think of was breaking his nose!

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

pac 200 amp relay is ordered, should have it next week, now just need a battery four speakers and a custom enclosure lol. Getting there little by little...

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

They do have a way about them lol

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Viking in French = "faggot"

lol just fuking with ya

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, eeeeeeee, he's gonna get ya lol
    how about Le Viking, will have to get another moderator to change his name to that haha.

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Is it possible to have power surges in a car, or voltage spikes that could be damaging to car audio say if the alternator was malfunctioning. The reason i ask is it seems every once and a while i will see the headlights reflection off of something else and they do some heavy flickering and i feel the car's electrical system being strained, but only for a couple seconds and my stereo is not usually on or turned up or even hooked up. It only happens maybe once a month or so that i have seen anyways. Would the car still run good all this time with a funky alternator?

19. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hey electro.have you looked into kaption audio.their in canada.that way you wont be hit with all those charges.

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Have your alternator tested....you can have small voltage spikes but nothing crazy...capacitors are good to smooth out the spikes