Nice cars!

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by Civic96, Apr 8, 2002.

1. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

why you hate stangs so much?

not that I really care.lol:wtf:

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'm a GM man... Tried and true.

I don't hate Stangs, their an important part of my Nats diet:D .

Everyone has one. Everyone thinks they are so hot with their stock mustang.

I just don't like Fords. All Amer/Asian car manufacturers follow a certain set of basic guidelines. Cyl #ing, Firing Orders, the way certain sensors read their respective parameters (MAP reads volts, MASS air reads Hz) and how sensors monitor their respective systems (yes a Honda is very similar to a GM in it's overall methood of reading and reacting from a computer standpoint). Ford, does 90% of everything bass ackwards. They have what, 6 different firing orders on their V8 line, alone. they read differently from all others (MAP in Hz Mass in volts), just overall making it difficult to work on them. When the US Government mandated that the OBD2 diagnostic connector needed to be on the drivers side in the car, what does Ford do? Put it on the passenger side of course!!!

They're just assholes to any of us in the industry that do diagnosis. The only people who have access to most of their info is a Ford dealer tech. VERY proprietary. Very uncool.

Oh, and they sound better at a light than my Nat, that pisses me off. Of course when the light changes, I'm so far ahead of them that the sound doesn't matter;)

No offence, I mean you like your car and that's cool. Differances like that are what make this world such an interesting place. :um2:

3. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

Im not pro ford I only love stangs! I think my 79~ 94 5.0 have been the easiest cars to work on! I have changed spark plugs on a 84 z28& lost skin working under a 96 trans-am, or the whole 96 monte carlo problems! 5 hours to change the alt! Your right that other ford stinks! Your car is cool, and if I get some $ I will modify my 94 cobra!:beer: