New System in the Grand Marquis (Build Thread)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eazy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. danracer

danracer Full Member

no...my o-scope is from the dinosaur era lol yours should be pretty easy to use...

2. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah.... I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I don't have a clue how to use this thing.

3. danracer

danracer Full Member

hmmm take a pic of the oscope perhaps i can tell you what the buttons mean and that stuff

4. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The white button above "Probe x1/x10" is "Memory."

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

That's sick, i want one, post the link to buy it if you get the link. I'm lucky to get 13.9 volts without my stereo on so it dips down to about 12.6 volts when it's pumping.

7. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah I didn't see any "add to cart" so I'm assuming you just email them.

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

oh but wait lol, what about ohms law, i think if voltage increases the amperage has to decrease in a transformer.

9. eazy

eazy Full Member

UPDATE:

I took my car to my local shop today and spent an hour with one of the guys tuning my amps and headunit. It sounds sooo much better and louder. He just suggested adding some tweeters in the front pillars. He said other than that, it sounds perfect. I need to make some new videos, but I'm going to bring it in again on Monday after I hookup the bass knob and stinger voltmeter. Oh and I played hood nigga by gorilla zoe for my manager after work and I blew my 40A mini-anl fuse on my 1000D's 4 gauge power wire. What size do you think I should order?

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

80 amp or more.

i run a 150 amp

11. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]

That's how it's setup now.

12. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Nice setup.

13. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

just up the 1000d's fuse to 80 then.

are there any fuse's on the amp itself?

14. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah both amps have three 30A fuses. I can order mini-anl's online as high as 150A.

Someone else is telling me because they amps are internally fused I don't need to fuse the wires between the block and the amps. Eh?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

80 amp fuse on each side of the block would be good, that way the fuse in your block blows before your amps which can pull 90 amps each. I'd say that is very necessary to protect the amps but the other two fuses you have connecting both batteries is probably unnecessary, I know your supposed to but i don't care let it burn, I don't use any on that line.

16. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]

Well I ended up doing that. 200A fuse on the 1/0 gauge before the block... no fuses on the 4 gauge wires after the block (they're 1/2 - 1 foot long).

I installed my stinger voltmeter... hookup it up to my 1000D. I fused the positive with a 2A fuse. Do they normally need to be adjusted? I noticed a 0.1v difference between the DMM and the stinger voltmeter. The stinger was showing 0.1v higher.

Once I find my bass knob I'm going to hook that up to the 1000D and install it up in the front.

17. eazy

eazy Full Member

[​IMG]
    The flash at night really shows off my dust.

[​IMG]

Hey how would I hookup my CDT tweeters to my headunit? (no amp)

18. eazy

eazy Full Member

Alright I adjusted the stinger. It's now accurate to within 0.05 volts.

19. eazy

eazy Full Member

I got the bass knob in. I was at my local shop and they were playing with it for like 30 minutes with the engine running and the lowest voltage drop I got was 13.2v playing some really heavy stuff at full tilt. I might have Nate install a voltage regulator that would allow me to adjust the alternator up to 15.5v (for daily) from inside the car. $135

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

highest for daily I'd do is 14.8-15 volts. 15.5 volts is a little high to be charging a battery

Maybe 15.5 when cold but if it drops down to 14.8-15 volts than that should be fine