New System in the Grand Marquis (Build Thread)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eazy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i know a kid with both a cb horn and a music horn. i used to thave a cb with a horn under the hood too.it was fun.

if they sound good doing it then do it. as long as its not a horn playing music.

i have to hear that going home from work on a daily basis .how can someone not find that noise irritating?

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

you said it, horns just sound ****ty in general lol. screw it put a 15 under ur hood but dont use a crossover. do it.

3. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Some people have those in my city... They sound like ice cream trucks.

Speakin of horn, I'm about to put a train horn on my car, the horn on my Grand Marquis sounds like it should be on a Geo.

4. pedro quiroga

hey eazy how was your trip to daytona? any pics or vids

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

Yeah I took pics, but not many. Most of them are from inside the convention center, not at the actual competitions out in the parking lot. Unfortunately, my friend took most of the pictures on his phone... which broke after the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. eazy

eazy Full Member

Well my Panasonic headunit finally crapped out. Circuit City is going to give me a $165 gift certificate for it since it was under warranty. I don't think they carry Panasonic anymore so I was thinking Pioneer...

DEHP4000UB $180
    DEHP5900IB $180
    DEHP5000UB $220
    DEHP6900UB $230
    DEHP6000UB $280

What do you guys think?

comparison

7. pedro quiroga

get the one with the most rca outs and has good voltage out.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I love my Premier 590

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ya i heard nothin but good about that. i will get it for my next build

10. eazy

eazy Full Member

I got the new 5000. It turns out Circuit City's website was wrong... it has 3 pairs of preouts, aux, and usb.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Looks like a nice solid head unit. Plus you got the USB for the ipod. Good buy.

12. eazy

eazy Full Member

Okay I just put it in my new 5000 and I have two amps... Sundown SAE-1000D and SAX-100.4. Well I have two sets of RCA cables going to the 100.4, one set going from the front preouts on the 5000 to channels 1 and 2, and the other set is going from the rear preouts on the 5000 to channels 3 and 4. For some reason I'm not getting any music out of the rears. I can hear a very faint "tv snow-screen" type of sound coming out when I have my ear up to one of the speakers, but that's it. Anyone know what's going on?

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Try switching the rcas around just to make sure you don't have a bad rca cable.

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

you could probably check the amps channels same way, maybe the rear is muted on the deck?

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

there you go eazy. Switch the rca's around first or try connecting the rear rca's to the front preouts. if it still happens when you have connected it to the front preout then it's your rca's that are the problem but if you do a total switch (transfer front rca's to rear and rear to front) and you still have the same problem (no sound coming from the rear) my guess is that there is something wrong with the head unit.

16. danracer

danracer Full Member

check the radio's cables perhaps there is one making contac with something??

17. eazy

eazy Full Member

I pulled the headunit out and realized the rear RCA's got snagged and unplugged. .. sorry guys lol.

The 5000 is up and running. I set the gains on my 100.4 by ear (still haven't used my new o-scope yet), but I haven't set the gain on my 1000D. I'll do that tomorrow with the DMM... then maybe someday I'll learn how to use this damn o-scope.

18. danracer

danracer Full Member

the o scope is pretty easy to use...have u ever used one b4??

19. pedro quiroga

i was gonna suggest you check those. but as i read further down i saw you got it fixed.

its always something simple that f's things up.

case in point....about 15 years ago while installing a 6ch orion amp in my friends 280z i couldnt for the life of me figure out why the darn thing wouldnt power up. soooo.....after 3 hours of tearing it apart and putting it back together guess what my dumb ass did.

i had the power and ground backwards at the batt:mad:

it was 3am before i figured it out. i blame the darkness.lol

20. eazy

eazy Full Member

No. I haven't even put the batteries in yet. Do you have the same one? Velleman HPS10?