New system in my new car!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

if i had the money i would go up to $250

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'll just keep an eye on it and see if anybody bids on it.

3. jonnyv713

ya u will prolly get it, only 2 days left!

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

good luck to you CC

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks, I'll go up to 250 and no higher. I've seen them for sale (used) for less that that sometimes.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks, I'll go up to 250 and no higher. I've seen them for sale (used) for less than that sometimes.

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Cool site! Do you need a credit card to sign up and do they take paypal and...lol where's the shipping costs???//

I need a good set of studio speakers.

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Never mind lol i just signed up. Would be nice if they showed shipping before i decide to buy or not.

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

The shipping prices are there, you just gotta look for it. They do accept paypal there.

10. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

best of all no fees for actually using the site!

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

could have got a nine.1 for 250 shipped but the guy backed out cuz i didn't want it to be shipped til the end of the month. guess i gotta keep on looking...

12. jonnyv713

k so... what amp shoud i use for this set up. i am really interested in a 190v.2 set up now lol

13. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i still say for the money the nine.5 5ch is a deal.

14. jonnyv713

ok, i went and looked at the grand prix today and wow, its a pretty nice car. i think i am gonna buy it after my dad goes and offers some money. i still have to look at the trunk tho

15. jonnyv713

here is my final system almost completely decided:
    ** CLOSEOUT!! ** Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X591 - CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with Remote with USB Interface • Peak: 50 watts x 4 / RMS: 22 watts x 4 • Built-in MOSFET Amplifier • Detachable, fold-down face • 24-bit digital-to-analog converter • CD changer control

Power Acoustik PS4-840 - 4 ohms: 80 watts x 4 • 2 ohms: 95 watts x 4 • Bridged, 4 ohms: 190 watts x 2 • PWM MOSFET power supply • High or low level inputs with floating ground • Tri-Mode capable • S/N ratio: 97 dB • Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 30,000

Hifonics BXi 1206D - Class D Monoblock Amplifier • 1200 watts RMS @ 1 ohm • 900 watts RMS @ 2 ohms • 450 watts RMS @ 4 ohms • Bass Level Control Knob Included • BXi AccuCross • Bass EQ - , Car Amplifiers, Mono Subwoofer Amps - Sonic Electronix

Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way Component System - 6-1/2" 2-way Component System (Marine Certified) • 300 watts Max • Aerated Polypropylene Cone • Neodymium Magnet Structure • Polyimide Voice Coil Former for high thermal stability • 1" Ring Radiator T

Polk Audio db521 - Power Handling: Peak: 135 watts / RMS: 45 watts • Kapton voice coil former • ABS Grilles • Pole Plate Heat Sink • stamped steel basket • Frequency Response: 60-22,000 Hz - , Car Speakers, 5-1, 4" Speakers - Sonic Electronix

Polk Audio db691 - 6" x 9" 2-way Speakers (Marine Certified) • Power Handling: Peak: 300 watts / RMS: 100 watts • Kapton voice coil former • ABS Grilles • Pole Plate Heat Sink • stamped steel basket • Frequency Response: 35-22,000 Hz - , Car Speakers

Elemental Designs

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

that hifonics amp and the ed sub would be as nice match

17. jonnyv713

thats what i am thinking, i keep picturing a bad azz system with clarity and still being loud!

18. jonnyv713

i would like to wire both the 5 1/4's and the 6 1/2's on only 2 channels of that amp and the 6x9's on their own channels. i was thinkin i could wire the comps and 5 1/4's into 2 ohms and the 6x9's at 4 and the fronts would be getting 95 RMS and the rear would be getting 80 RMS. and then of course the sub would be wired into 1 Ohm and get about 1000! does this sound like a good idea? all suggestions would be great

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I heard that the panasonics are pretty good. Only 2 volt preouts but thats the same as my JVC. that also has a slot for SD cards. sweet...