New Member Intros

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The_Ancient, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Thundergod

Thundergod Member

Hey!!!

Hey all,
    I just wanted to say hello, and find/give any information available here. Im and old musician (Drummer,sound technician) who is refusing to grow old, i've been into to all types of audio since god know when, being it a stage,house, or automotive, i've done alot and is still learning. Things have made leaps n bounds in 36 yrs, I remember starting with FM converters, 8 tracks, and so on. hope to make some friends here! Later!!!:cool:

2. Thundergod

Thundergod Member

Hey from PA!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,
    I just wanted to say hello, and find/give any information available here. Im and old musician (Drummer,sound technician) who is refusing to grow old, i've been into to all types of audio since god knows when, being it a stage,house, or automotive, i've done alot and is still learning. Things have made leaps n bounds in 36 yrs, I remember starting with FM converters, 8 tracks, and so on. hope to make some friends here! Later!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!

3. Wreckerman

Wreckerman New Member

Whats up? The wreckerman here. Old dawg tryin to get a little help with pass time---06 ram club cab sport

4. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

Whatsup everyone

glad to be joining this spot...hope i can find all the advice im looking for :)

5. kcox669live

kcox669live Full Member

hi everyone,

i'm still a noob to car audio but i'll try not to let it show to much. thanx for the hospitality.

6. Ricky F150

Ricky F150 New Member

New member here Ricky's the name and I'm from Indianapolis. I've been outta the loop of car audio for a few years but glad to be back! Glad I found this forum and from looking around looks liek I will get a lot of help that is really needed. Thanks in advance!

7. Ansalon72

Ansalon72 Member

This is Jason. I like to spend money on the stuff I couldn't afford back in the day.

8. knoslf

knoslf New Member

Hello everyone! Im a true audiophile and havnt had any thump in 2yrs but im back now, im in denver CO and have a 97 Intrepid, 2 re sx 18s, and looking for a good amp, considering the alpine mrp-m2000 to feed both subs 1000rms....any good? I hope so. Interested in doing a 'wall', my 1st wall build and will need alot of tips so I'll be a bug-a-boo on here lol.

9. jhafner08

jhafner08 New Member

Hey everyone I am new to the site and fairly new to car audio. My first system I put into my first car with my dad's help then transferred that same system over to a new vehicle, now I am looking to make the same transfer to a third vehicle but want to add to it. The original setup was the Jensen Dual Bandpass package that had the 2 12's in it running about 400 watts RMS. I had it powered by the MTX TC3001 amp running roughly 300 watts RMS to those subs. I want to keep that setup together because it hit pretty hard and loud for how inexpensive it was but I want to pull the subs out of the original box and make my own. While in this process I want to try to add a Lanzar MXA282 Max Pro 4000-Watt 2-Channel amp to run 2 Boss P156DVC Phantom 15s to the mix. Let me know what you guys think and I need help on how to wire it all. I'm not sure how to tie the 2 sets of RCA lines together or the two remote wires together or if those even need to be run together. Any and all advice is welcomed, I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot! Thanks for having me!

10. trance86

trance86 Full Member

New to this forum. Not so new to audio. I'll try to be helpful to the lesser experienced and gain some knowledge from the more experienced. Thats what its all about right?

11. Timitsoo

Timitsoo New Member

What up ya'll. New guy here just saying hello and passing on my basic info so advice can be shared accurately. I currently own a 2002 WRX and it still has the original audio equipment in it. It came with the underseat sub (joke), and I'm not certain if there are actully tweets behind the tweet grill. (Anyone know if the sub package means it has components?) Anyway, it doesn't matter because I'm not replacing with components, as I'm really looking for a budget build. I'm not an audiophile, just looking for decent sound quality, good bass, that can be turned up as loud as I need, which is mostly traveling to work at 75mph, in a pretty loud tin box of a car. Obviously with the rex, keeping road noise down was not a priority subaru, so I'm not complaining. I even chose a pretty quiet exhaust system because I was keeping in mind I want tunes. Add the fact that of course, cheap plastic interior parts with rattle etc etc. My other main want was to have Ipod capability of course. My questions are going to revolve around some technical issues, that my brain just isn't energized to absorb. Ohms, RMS, bridging, amp/no amp, port or sealed....stuff like that. Sound quality is personal, so I'll figure that out on my own.

So...this is what I purchased last night: (remember, I'm trying to be cheap, so don't laugh) The Pioneer DEH-3300UB. Met all my requirements, and was $99 bones. The friggin dash kit, harness and speaker spacers toghether almost cost more!! LOL Whopping 14W RMS X4. Also I picked up the Alpine SPS-610's 6.5 2 way speakers for my front doors. 240W peak, 80 W RMS. I'm fairly certain this will fit the bill for my needs up front. I researched and decided to nix any rear stage thoughts. So, just gonna disconnect the rear door speakers.

When done, I will have all that, plus something in the trunk. At the most it will be a single 12', perhaps a single 10' if I can be impressed and happy.

This is my listening taste break down:

Hip Hop/Rap 80% (as outkast so elequently put it: .....as long as there's that tic tic, followed by the bump") I'm 42 and fell in love with bass and hip hop around 1986, the first time I heard it. It was out of a slammed bug. I think he had like 2 12's and dude was bumping "rock the bells" by LL Cool J. I never got into the whole major sound quality thing (cuz it's a car) but just wanted the basics. Honestly, I almost can't listen to hip hop without bass. Also, I'm not looking to have neighbors impressed, nor annoyed with me. (as I said, I'm 42 lol) Not to mention, no need to attract theft.

The other 20% is made up of Metal, rock, country, and then talk radio.

So, I'll leave it at that for now and get to posting some of my questions in another thread.

Thank you in advance, and it's good to be here.

Tim

12. Frosted

Frosted New Member

Hey guys, just joined the forum today so I figured I'd post a brief intro. I am new to cars, and especially new to messing with them. My current (first) car is a 2003 Honda cr-v, which is nothing flashy but works well for my needs. During early winter, I decided the audio system was due for an update so I jumped into research. I ended up getting a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X395 to replace my head unit and two sets of Polk Audio db651s coaxial speakers. I installed these items and am pretty happy with the sound of the mids and highs. However, there is now less bass than my stock speakers had so I am now on a journey to buy and install a sub as well. This is described in my other post, but the whole idea is still partly under-developed as of right now. Not going for anything crazy with the audio system, just want clear highs and bass at natural levels for various songs. I listen to a mix of classic rock, modern rock and alternative, metal, rap and dubstep so its important to have a good balance between highs, mids, and lows.

13. quebegreek018

quebegreek018 New Member

hi, im mike 23yrs old
    im new to the forum and im here to learn about car audio i know the basics in installs but i knew i needed more knowledge when i decided that my bose sound system needed more bass. actually this is the main reason why im here. let me explain, i have a 300wRMS soundstream subwoofer with a soundstream 1F capacitor,and a JBL GTO-755.6 amp. i have a 2003 nissan maxima that already has a very good stock bose sound system. now, i just want to add my subwoofer kit to my stock bose system without changing my radio and speakers. i heard that i could do it with a converter and/or crossover but never seen anyone with this kind of setup so i have no clue what so ever on how to and where to cut and plug wires. more the less i don't know what those convertors/crossovers are. hopefully i'll find someone to help me out here with pictures and/or videos.

14. vova82

vova82 New Member

Greetings everyone I'm coming from Serbia I'm 29 and thats it

15. spoonman1105

spoonman1105 Member

Hello everyone. My name is Mike. I'm a new member. I have always liked car audio. I just never had a decent system until now. I am looking to build on what I currently have so I thought this might be a good place to learn more about car audio. I wish there was a performance index where you could plug in your components and get a system rating. (kind of like what Windows does with your computer). At any rate, I look forward to reading and learning more about car audio systems.

16. Ninja1990

Ninja1990 Member

I have been doing car audio since I was in high school. I am about to upgrade my system completely.
    I currently run:
    Sub Amplifiers: 2x Alpine MRP-M500 mono for subwoofers 500W RMS @2 Ohms
    Speaker Enclosure: I built a custom ported box tuned to Fb = 34.5 Hz Vb = 3.2 ft^3.
    Sub Woofers: Rockford Fosgate Punch 3 12" DVC P3D412 x2
    Highs Amplifier: Alpine MRP-F300, Which was going to run bridged to my tweets (yeah 300W to my tweets).
    Mids Amplifier: Alpine MRP-F550, Which I had bridged to my mids.
    Component Set I was looking at: Alpine Spx-17 Pro

New Front Amplifier:Hifonics ZRX2000.4 4 Channel running fronts and rears @ 500W RMS x 4 @ 2 Ohms. (looking at other options)
    New Sub Amplifier: Hifonics BRX2000.1D 2000W RMS x 1 @ 1 Ohm (Running each sub 1000W x1 @ 2 Ohms). (Before you say Ew Hifonics, this one is CEA-2006 compliant)
    Mids and Highs: Infinity Kappa 60.11cs in the front Infinity Kappa 693.11i in the rear.
    Sub Woofers: Rockford Fosgate Punch 3 12" DVC P3D412 x2. (Same)
    Speaker Enclosure: I built a custom ported box tuned to Fb = 34.5 Hz Vb = 3.2 ft^3. (Same)

All the amps in the first Paragraph I'm selling by the way all in good shape (ran the mono's for 2 years, ran the F550 less than a year, bought the F300 refurbished and never had the time to hook it up.) Shoot me an offer if interested.

17. aaronb

aaronb Member

Hello everyone my name is Aaron I have a 2014 jeep compass
    I bought a 7in flat screen power acoustik cd dvd player I'm wanting to install it in my jeep but I was told that I had to get a special wiring harness and it's like almost $300 I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to bypass having to get it
    I was told if I cut any wires I could fry the whole computer system
    Don't want that to happen
    Been thinking about running all new wires and not even touching the main harness to the original radio
    Plenty of inputs are highly welcomed

18. aaronb

aaronb Member

I have a 2014 jeep compass audio question if someone could help me it'll be very appreciated

19. aaronb

aaronb Member

I have a 2014 jeep compass audio question if someone could help me it'll be very appreciated

20. dongtokes

dongtokes New Member

Hey, I'm an absolute beginner and I'm trying to get a system going in my Ford Ranger